Azure Container Instances

Have feedback for Azure Container Instances? Submit your idea or vote up an idea submitted by others. All of the feedback you share here will be monitored and reviewed by the Azure Container Instances team. Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas. If you have technical questions or issues, please submit them to our GitHub issues page or on StackOverflow .

1. Enable option to allow only signed images to be deployed on ACI

Currently, ACR implements Docker's content trust model to allow developers to sign their images while pushing them to ACR so that when images are pulled signatures can be verified. But ACI, currently doesn't support the content trust model to allow only trusted images to run.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Container Instances should be free under the student subscription

Linux VMs and Azure Kubernetes Services are free under the student subscription. Azure Container Instances are not. This seems strange.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Enable feature for increasing Limit for Azure Container log size (in running/stopped status)

It looks like as per the documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/container-instances/container-instances-quotas
    we have to go with default size limit of container instance logs with 4 MB for running instances and 16KB or 1000 lines for stopped instances.
    We have usecases where application programatically spins up ACIs which executes some business logic and stops once that logic is executed. Our use case needs more size for logs. We have some requirement where we need to audit and sometimes debug the logs of these ACIs. Now with default size limit of ACI logs, we have seen that we are not able to get the full…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow different authentication mechanism to pull from Private Container Registries

ACI only supports username/password pairs for authentication on private container registrations.
    While Docker and even Kubernetes have several ways to authenticate at them, such as Token, JSON key file or the dockerconfig.json authentication and the most don't even need a credential helper.
    I would ask you to allow/implement different types of authentication mechanisms.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Console for AKS managed cluster

It would be great to have a shell already accessible within the portal against the AKS cluster, via a button against the resource "console" which is already connected to the cluster using "az aks get-credentials" and ready for commands to be executed, i.e. kubectl

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

8. Support accelerated network for ACI

Some customer have networking needs, specifically they want to be able to stream data very fast. We have noticed that ACI works well for their scenario but the Networking could be improved.
    We would like to be able to have an egress of 2Gbits per second on average on each instance. For instance, if my workload goes to 20 ACIs, I should be able to dispatch 20 Gbits per second, we are getting around 11.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. ACI with GPU often times takes 40 minutes or longer only to ultimately fail to start

I am trying to start a container with an attached GPU and after multiple attempts, I cannot get the container to start. I have tried different GPU sizes (K80, P100, V100) and none of them ever get to a point of being able to run. I have succeeded with this in the past but over the last couple of days it just seems to be completely unreliable. I cannot afford to wait 45 minutes to see if this will be successful, if it's going to fail, it needs to happen much faster than that! It also doesn't help that there…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Increase North Europe CPU and memory limits for Linux container with VNET configured.

VNET is a must for us to access the resources with limited access

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Better compatability with AKS configMap

Allow ACI containers to use AKS configmap and secrets.
    If the ACI was created from AKS virtualkublet , allow aks yaml options to map configmap values to container volumes.

ex:
    volumes:

- configMap:

name: my-config-file
    name: config-volume

volumeMounts:

- mountPath: /srv/properties.py

name: config-volume
    subPath: properties.py

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provision a feature to start a complete kubernetes cluster using ACI instances

It would be beneficial to fire up a complete Kubernetes cluster using ACi

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Update Docker.Net SDK to provision GPU ACI windows and linux containers

Update Docker.Net SDK to provision GPU ACI windows and linux containers programmatically

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Update Docker.Net SDK to provision container's in Virtual Network

Docker.Net SDK api support needed to provision ACI in virtual network

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The ACI -> Containers (in Settings section) -> Logs could use some improvements

1. It should use long-polling where it automatically picks up and displays new content with no need for the user to hit the Refresh button.

2. It should always scroll to the bottom so it displays the most recent content. Whenever I hit the Refresh button, the Logs display starting from the oldest item, so I always need to manually scroll down to the bottom to see the most recent pieces of data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Reuse IP Address or Set TTL very very low

When deploying a change to an existing container instance & group, and re-using the public dns name, dependent services are not aware of ip address changes for several minutes. If possible, re-use the same public ip address when re-creating an ACI container, or alternatively, set the TTL of those A-records to something very short (Like 5 seconds)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adding CORS functionality

I wanted to leverage the brilliant service Azure Container Instances. I think it's a huge benefit to use, when having just a small amount of applications, which are currently under development. It's a real on-demand solution.

However, after setting it up, I lacked one very important feature for development support. I did not find any possibility to add Cross Origin (CORS) support to my dockerized API. I think it would be a great advantage to have this functionality when developing an early stage application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Do we have docker instance service in Japan or HongKong?

Do we have docker instance service in Japan or HongKong?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Is support for azure container instances planned for Government clouds?

I see that ACI support is only available in the public cloud at the moment. Is support for government clouds on the roadmap?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Container Instances

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base