Azure Container Instances

Have feedback for Azure Container Instances? Submit your idea or vote up an idea submitted by others. All of the feedback you share here will be monitored and reviewed by the Azure Container Instances team. Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas. If you have technical questions or issues, please submit them to our GitHub issues page or on StackOverflow .

1. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prompt Azure AD credentials while accessing container(set to private access level) using shared key.

When the access level of the container is set to "anonymous", sharing a URL of the file would allow users to download file. But, when the
    access level is set to "private", an authorized request specifying date header is required. This requires extra steps and SAS keys expires.

Azure storage does not currently support prompting Azure AD credentials while attempting to access URL to download. Upon successful entry of credentials, users should be able to access the file. This feature allows using the same URL(as anonymous) to download the file and security is ensured using Azure AD authentication.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Availability in the South Africa West and North Regions

Please could you add the South Africa West and North regions to the available regions for container instances

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add support for scheduling.

inACI would be great for processes that need to run on a schedule, please enable an option to start the container group and stop it when it completes in an schedule. (No, using Azure Functions is adding complexity to a simple solution)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support ACI in Canada East Region

Could you add support for Canada East region?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. ACI and ACR integration on a portal

Add an integration between ACI and Azure Container Registry on a portal.azure.com
    For Web Apps I can choose my ACR, repository and tag from a UI. For ACI I must open a second page with a portal or use some CLI to retrieve my repository url, username, password, repository, tag... It's time wasting.

Please, add an integration between ACI and ACR on azure portal to simplify, speedup the deployment process.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can I use 0.5 CPU and 0.5GB memory for a container instance?

Looks like vCPU is pretty expensive for container instance.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add support for Azure Traffic Manager

Currently it is not possible to add ACI instances to traffic manager unless we do so individually and add them as "external" endpoints.

Consider adding support for ACI instances in traffic manager. In particular if we could add all instances with tag foo="bar" within a resource group.

It is also prohibitively expensive/complex to use traffic manager with ACI at this time, as:

• Traffic manager endpoints are charged per month not per second.

• ACI forces us to delete and recreate containers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. liveness / readiness probes

Support for liveness and readiness probes when running ACI within a V-net. This works when the ACIis run without using v-net

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support blob storage as volume

As far as I can tell, blob storage is not supported and blobfuse is not an option for azure container instances. Would be great to get support for it.

I am trying a setup where aci is created by function/blob triggers but the files for processing have to reside on file storage (as in, we need a long term copy in blob and temporary copy in file storage ) - not really convenient.

I've seen this discussed here previously as well:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53951624/azure-container-instances-with-blobfuse-or-azure-storage-blobs

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support cuda 10

Is there any plans or maybe roadmap for cuda:10 support for Container Instances with gpu?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add option to start container only after http connection

Currently, if I want to run a simple low-traffic web application using Azure Container Instances, I need to leave the (chargeable) container running permanently. However, since this service is used rarely, the actual CPU usage is negligible. It would be good if the container span up automatically when someone interacted with the app over http, and then span down again after it was idle for a while, so that the cost was not so high.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable Reserved Public IP for Container

Add the option to enable Static Reserved Public IP to a container group.
    This is supper important when the container needs to access resources protected by IP instead of DNS name.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Run commands against AKS cluster from portal

It would be useful to have a selection of pre-made commands within the portal which can be executed directly from there and the output shown in portal, for example "kubectl get pods" ...etc
    Or perhaps cluster actions that cx can use, i.e. restart the tunnel

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

15. Allow specifying the size of the /dev/shm filesystem

Some applications require more available space on /dev/shm and refuse to start if that filesystem is not large enough. One prime example is Oracle Database. Suggest allowing the user to specify the size of /dev/shm as an advanced option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mount individual files, not just folders

Some docker images assume the ability to mount an individual file, the azure file shares mount I believe only allows mounting as a folder.

Use case discussed in this question: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55602201/mount-an-individual-file-in-azure-container-instances

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow monitoring of events from Azure Monitor

Use cases:
    - As a SRE, I want to receive an alerts when a container becomes unhealthy. https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/26512
    - As a SRE, I want to receive an alert an alerts when a container restarts too many time within a defined period of time. https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/26501#issuecomment-473156432

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create Airflow operator.

Create an Azure Container Instances airflow operator similar to the DockerOperator or the KubernetesPodOperator. This would allow for using Airflow excellent workflow management to deploy container based task on Azure Container Instances allowing for by the second billing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support shared/microcore pricing

ACI for WIndows is often prohibitively expensive, especially for work/services that don't need a full CPU core. I have a service running in Cloud Services, which lets me choose A0 instance sizes. I really want to containerize this service and run in ACI but I can't justify the cost.

If I could get 250m of CPU (k8s terminology) and 1GB of RAM for 1/4 the price (or even 1/3) it would be very attractive. Let me choose in increments of 1/4 core.

I think you could lure many more into ACI with more granular pricing like this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support --cap-add=NET_ADMIN

ACI would be perfect for things like OpenVPN, but those require setting up the routing with iptables. You can't seem to set that without the right permissions. Adding this support would be nice so VPN software can run for short periods in ACI.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Container Instances

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base