Azure Container Instances

Have feedback for Azure Container Instances? Submit your idea or vote up an idea submitted by others. All of the feedback you share here will be monitored and reviewed by the Azure Container Instances team. Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas. If you have technical questions or issues, please submit them to our GitHub issues page or on StackOverflow .

1. Support for port mapping

In docker we can map ports as
    docker run -d -p 80:8080 foo/bar
    This is super helpful for cases where the container has fixed code to listen to some port like say 8080 but you want to expose that at a different port on the container.
    I do not see that option in the CLI. There should be something like
    az container create --ports 80:8080

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Want to support running Windows Server 1709 (and later) image

Currently, Azure Container Instances cannot running Windows Server 1709 container image, because running Windows Server 2016 on Azure Container Instances. (I guess that.)

Microsoft said 1709 not supported on Win2016 of Host OS ver as follows:
    * https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/windowscontainers/deploy-containers/version-compatibility

My feedback: I want to choose Semi-Annual Channe version's host in Azure Container Instances.

Semi-Annual Channe is so nice solution for cloud platform because faster update, include more feature, lightweight images. However some customers want to solid OS like as LTSC. So that. I want to choose both version's host.

Why 1709? 1709's image is more lightweight than LTSC and other Windows…

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Virtual Network for Windows Containers

ACI is one of the few options to deploy Windows Containers in GA. The need to do Windows Containers is coming from enterprise customers which also happen to be the ones that require VNET support in my experience.

VNET integration is in preview but only supports linux containers.

Thanks MS team!

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use the same exposed public ip for outbound traffic start from the containergroup

I have some question related to the Public IP used by container group create from Azure Container Instance. Actually the container group can expose public ip (set ipAddress.type = “Public”) which is used to access from external, but for the traffic start from the container group I found it does use the assigned exposed public ip. I’d like to check if possible to using the same exposed public ip for the outbound traffic starting from the container group ? if not, how the outbound traffic public ip is assigned to the container group ? Thanks previously for your kindly response.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Container Instances

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base