Azure Container Instances

Have feedback for Azure Container Instances? Submit your idea or vote up an idea submitted by others. All of the feedback you share here will be monitored and reviewed by the Azure Container Instances team. Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas. If you have technical questions or issues, please submit them to our GitHub issues page or on StackOverflow .

1. Cache the downloaded container image in the Container Instances (preview)

Each time I start a new container, the image is pulled from the repository. Even if I start 10 times the same image. I would like to have the image cached (maybe on the resource group level) so that I only get the penalty of pull once.

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support auto-delete of ACI when container exits normally

When an ACI container exits normally and the restart-policy is Never you should automatically delete the ACI. Currently it sticks around with a status of Terminated.

In my scenario I want to spin up ACI's to drain an Azure queue. When the queue is empty my ACI workers will exit and I do not want to have to go and clean up the ACI remnants afterwards. They should cleanly remove themselves as if they never existed.

This can be an option if there are scenarios where this is undesirable.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Larger memory sizes - at least 32GB - best 64GB

Current memory sizes are too small for my usage.

I need something to start quickly, load a 1-50GB dataset - process it in memory for half an hour and deallocate.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Expand port number

Only allowing for 5 ports to be open on a container is very limiting. Please let us open at least 8 if not no limit.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable controlling the user for which Azure Files shares are mounted

Shares from Azure Files are mounted in directories accessible only to the "root" user. If the container is configured to run its application as a non-root user, the entrypoint has to become a shell script that can assign appropriate permissions to the share directory. Running a script to chmod/chown every file on the share is very slow.

It would be much easier to use shares from Azure Files if there was a way to control what user the share was mounted for.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Container Instances

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base