Azure Cloud Shell

Have feedback for Azure Cloud Shell? Submit your idea or vote up an idea submitted by another Cloud Shell user. All of the feedback you share here will be monitored and reviewed by the Azure Cloud Shell engineering team. By suggesting or voting for ideas here, you will help us shape the future of Cloud Shell. Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas, if you have technical questions please try our documentation or StackOverflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. User-friendly way to get a list of preinstalled tools

Both, Linux and Windows, Cloud Shell(s) are frequently updated with new preinstalled tools. To get a list of those tools and their versions we need to consult the docs. If would be much easier and efficient to get that info directly in the Cloud Shell session. For example, in PowerShell Cloud Shell, one could run Get-CloudShellTool and get tools' info. Similar command could be added to Linux as well.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase Tab-Completion performance

Using tab completion feels very slow sometimes and may lock the shell for a few seconds (3-10). Tab completion is an essential tool for me to work with speed and not having to remember every command (discovering new functionality too).
    Due to its varying reliability i find myself going back to my local install a lot.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback, at this moment we need more input to look into this! We’re regularly sync with the AZ CLI team to make sure performance is great on all fronts, but providing votes helps us prioritize our resources appropriately so please cast votes across ideas you feel are important to you!

3. powerbi

We need PowerBI CLI installed on the CloudShell:

Install with: npm install powerbi-cli -g
    Currently the install command gives errors

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?