Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Cloud Shell

Have feedback for Azure Cloud Shell? Submit your idea or vote up an idea submitted by another Cloud Shell user. All of the feedback you share here will be monitored and reviewed by the Azure Cloud Shell engineering team. By suggesting or voting for ideas here, you will help us shape the future of Cloud Shell. Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas, if you have technical questions please try our documentation or StackOverflow.

1. Azure Cloud Shell: Could not retrieve token from local cache.

Working through the tutorial here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/managed-applications/managed-apps-quickstart-cli and getting the following issue intermittently on Azure Cloud Shell.

user@Azure:~$ userid=$(az ad user show --upn-or-object-id user@domain.com --query objectId --output tsv)
    A Cloud Shell credential problem occurred. When you report the issue with the error below, please mention the hostname 'cc-5834-a16bbddf-3710672257-mqth3'
    Could not retrieve token from local cache.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Service Fabric cluster management to PowerShell

SF PowerShell module or sfctl (or both)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add safe word/line deletion shortcut support

Please add support for Ctrl+Backspace(or other browser safe alternative) to delete whole words and another command to clear the whole line.
    (Linux clear line and clear word commands Ctrl+w and Ctrl+u are a no-go in a browser.)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increase Tab-Completion performance

Using tab completion feels very slow sometimes and may lock the shell for a few seconds (3-10). Tab completion is an essential tool for me to work with speed and not having to remember every command (discovering new functionality too).
    Due to its varying reliability i find myself going back to my local install a lot.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback, at this moment we need more input to look into this! We’re regularly sync with the AZ CLI team to make sure performance is great on all fronts, but providing votes helps us prioritize our resources appropriately so please cast votes across ideas you feel are important to you!

5. Do not require a storage account

When you just want to execute some scripts on an environment, you perhaps do not need persistent storage.

On some environments you don't have the permissions to create a storage account dedicated for this, and have to fallback on your own powershell/bash commandline.

Make it an (advanced) option to not use storage when launching the shell, lowering the barrier even more to run a one-off command.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this suggestion – we currently plan to continue requiring storage so users can get the best experience possible with persisted state across all the interfaces Cloud Shell is available. Please upvote this if you agree though as we’re always listening to the community!

6. Allow access to PowerShell from CSP account

When attempting to use PowerShell in Cloud Shell with my CSP account, which has delegated Owner rights within Azure for the customer tenant, I get the error below. It works if I switch to a Global Admin account.

Add-AzureRmAccount : Cannot validate argument on parameter 'AccountId'. The argument is null or empty. Provide an argument that is not null or empty, and then try the command again.
    At C:\Users\ContainerAdministrator\PSCloudShellStartup.ps1:73 char:71
    + ... ProfileModule\Add-AzureRMAccount @addAzureRMAccountParameters -ErrorA ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (:) [Add-AzureRmAccount], ParameterBindingValidationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationError,Microsoft.Azure.Commands.Profile.AddAzureRMAccountCommand

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Shift+TAB Reverse tab completition - Poweshell (Cloud Shell)

Shift+TAB to reverse tab completition in Poweshell (Cloud Shell) just like we have in classic Powershell console.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Preconfigure PowerShell in Cloud Shell with PowerShell help files

When we run Update-Help the downloaded help files are not persistent across PowerShell sessions because they are written in $pshome's subfolder.

Could you preconfigure the Cloud Shell with the current PowerShell help files?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add support for running Azure Cloud Shell in secure Azure subscription

I'm working in a subscription where I only give users the minimum permissions that are necessary. I would like these users to have access to Azure Cloud Shell, but I want to have it pre-configured for them before they even try. For this, I need the following:

1. An API (and ideally one or more PowerShell cmdlets) that allows for the initial configuration of Cloud Shell to be done automatically for a user before they even try to access Cloud Shell. This would create the resource group if it did not already exist in the subscription, create the storage account, tag…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. powerbi

We need PowerBI CLI installed on the CloudShell:

Install with: npm install powerbi-cli -g
    Currently the install command gives errors

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide visual cue on defaults that cloud-shell chooses

When a user clicks for cloud-shell in a portal, certain defaults are chosen for her. However the user is unaware of these defaults.

It will be good to give a visual cue to indicate what is your default subscription in the cloud-shell.

For e.g. the command prompt can be ‘user@AzureSubscriptionXyz :$ ‘

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Feedback that is common across PowerShell and Bash in Azure Cloud Shell

What are the possibilities of combining OneDrive for Business with a subfolder on CloudDrive? That would be great having a central point for scripts etc etc... Just thinking out loud...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support for Touch screen

Please provide ability to scroll console on touch screen

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Azure Cli portal command line , needs validation before it actually creates the resources

Hi , I was creating Linux vm through CLI command line from azure portal site, but it failed in creating vm but before it created all the resources needed please find attached screen shot

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow cloudshells to be whitelisted in network security groups

We whitelist IP's that are allowed to access privileged services. We'd like to be able to whitelist cloudshells for our staff members.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 15 16 17 19 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Cloud Shell

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base