Azure Cloud Shell

Have feedback for Azure Cloud Shell? Submit your idea or vote up an idea submitted by another Cloud Shell user. All of the feedback you share here will be monitored and reviewed by the Azure Cloud Shell engineering team. By suggesting or voting for ideas here, you will help us shape the future of Cloud Shell. Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas, if you have technical questions please try our documentation or StackOverflow.

1. region

Please can there be additional regions supported - UK South and UK West.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Cascadia Code font to Azure Cloud Shell

Now that Microsoft have created a nice console font it would be great if the Azure Cloud Shell could add this font so that it can be used in the Azure Cloud shell.

The font is available here: https://github.com/microsoft/cascadia-code

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add screen app to Cloud Shell, so we can return to timed out session?

It will be nice to have screen available, so we can have ability to return to disconnected session?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The command az backup item list doesn't work in Cloud Shell as API is in an older version

Hi,
    I am trying to execute an az backup item list in Cloud Shell, but it seems like it is not working because it is in an older version, as stated in the error message in the screenshot I uploaded.
    When I execute it in an azure cli container, it works flawlessly.
    Are you planning on upgrading Cloud Shell's API version ? Thank you.

Regards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. General Tabs and Entering Machines

Adding tabs to the shell for Bash and PowerShell will make life much easier.
    In addition, please make it possible to access vm directly from the shell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. customer wants to involve azure cloud shell service in to Trusted Microsoft services.

customer wants to involve "azure cloud shell" service in to Trusted Microsoft services.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-network-security#trusted-microsoft-services

if that function became available, Please modify above document too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add wildcard support to "download" command

The "download" command is really nice to allow you to download files from Azure Cloud Shell to your local machine. It would be great if the "download" command supported wildcard file names (such as "*") to enable downloading multiple files at once.

For example, "download *.cer" would download all files with the ".cer" extension in the current directory.

Currently, if you attempt to do this, the "download" command will display an error message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Installing packages in Cloud Shell

I should be able to install some packages like "tree". Is there a way to do it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a option to get PowerShell Az module cmdlet Invoke-AzResourceAction as a synchronous operationp

This command equivalent in Azure CLI is synchronous, i.e. it waits for the action to complete before returning. Invoke-AzResourceAction in PowerShell, however, returns immediately in asynchronous. The user is left polling for the resource to appear and then for the provisioning state to be succeeded. Give a -Synchronous option to make it wait until complete.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Previous session is not restore when the Cloud Shell timeouts and reconnect

Please preserve the sessions, commands and screen output and restore it back to as before when the shell timeout or disconnect due to outage.

It is very important to be able to see our shell history and commands results. Especially when working in command line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug: Display language switches to something i can't read. No way to switch back.

browser: Edge Dev Version 78.0.268.3 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

Every time I switch to another tab, and then back, the display language in the CloudShell has switched to something non-English. Looks like Russian. Sometimes it switches back automatically when i interact with the shell. Mostly not and I have to restart.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. shortcut keys to move between cloud editor and the shell

Have short cut keys (tmux compatible would be great) to move between panes when the cloud editor is open

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. SSH to vm with private IP

I think it would be awesome if there was some way to SSH into a VM on a VNET within my subscription via the Private IP. I know you can connect via Public IP, but within my environment that's not something we have in place.

My azure user ID context allows me to work with components that I specifically have rights too, and accessing linux VMs under that context with the private IP would be great. This way I wouldn't have to connect with a third party app, over a VPN.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Control of the acc_givename.img file name

I would like to be able to "control" how the acc_givenname.img file is created.

If I can explain.

I have created a file share with a large quota (40Gb) and I would like my team of cloud engineers to "use" the same file share for each of their accounts.

My use case is that I will use the ~/clouddrive path to host common scripts, and so if all of my team connect to the same file share they will all "see" the same folder when they cd into the ~/clouddrive folder.

The problem I have is how the acc_givenname.img file…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Get-AzureADMSLifecyclePolicyGroup dosn't work

Get-AzureADMSLifecyclePolicyGroup doesn't work correctly since 23-rd August 2019. I tried with module AzureADPreview&AzureAD. I tried also with different PCs.
    Each time I get the following error:
    Get-AzureADMSLifecyclePolicyGroup :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Get-AzureADMSLifecyclePolicyGroup -Id xxxxx-xxxxx ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-AzureADMSLifecyclePolicyGroup], NullReferenceException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.NullReferenceException,Microsoft.Open.MSGraphBeta.PowerShell.GetLifecyclePolicyGroup

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. China Moulded Case Circuit Breaker suppliers

DAM1 series electronic type Moulded case circuit breaker(MCCB)
    3P 400V/415V electronic type Moulded case circuit breaker high quality
    Introduction
    Circuit Breakers with Electronic Over Current Release:
    The feature discriminating electronic circuit breakers from thermal-magnetic
    breakers is to control the over current releases with electronic is circuit. Electronic is
    control is performed via microprocessor.During design of the electronic circuit,
    worst possibilities to encounter in operation have been taken into consideration. In high circuit currents, direct opening has been ensured without operating electronic circuit. In this way, possibility of failure in the electronic circuit has been eliminated.
    -Maximum, minimum, average etc. Values…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Tensile Testing Machine

ZJ-2 Strain Direct Shear Testing Apparatus (Manual)
    Application: This apparatus is used to test resisting shear strength of soil specimen.
    Specification:
    1. Area of the soil sample: 30cm2
    2. Lever ratio: 1: 12
    3. Vertical loading: 50,100,200,300,400(KPa)
    4. Max. horizontal loading: 1.2KN
    5. Shear rate: 0.02, 0.8, 2.4mm/min
    6. Handwheel speed: 0.1, 4, 12mm/min
    7. AC220V±10%
    TUGONG is one of the largest manual direct residual shear testing apparatus manufacturers and suppliers in China. Equipped with a professional factory, we warmly welcome you to buy the quality equipment with fine workmanship, high precision and good performance from us.Tensile Testing Machine

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Feed Grade Mold Inhibitor Powder in stock

Established in 1996 with a registered capital of RMB ten million yuan, Mintai Perfume Chemicals Co., Ltd. was a professional company committed to the R&D, production and sales of international feed additives and feed quality improvement. The Company has more than 100 employees, and brings together the excellent experts of the domestic animal husbandry industry. It covers an area of 35 hectares, and its office and production area reach more than 10,000 square meters. The Company has set up a sales network of offices and agents throughout the country. With its products covering a number of countries in Southeast Asia,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change the Upload GUI to single file choice

When I upload a file via the Upload/Download button I can choose more than 1 file in the GUI, but only 1 file gets downloaded

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add sshpass to the toolset

When trying to run some Ansible playbooks sometimes you need to have sshpass installed, like for this one: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/ansible/ansible-deploy-app-vmss. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Cloud Shell

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base