Azure Cloud Shell

Have feedback for Azure Cloud Shell? Submit your idea or vote up an idea submitted by another Cloud Shell user. All of the feedback you share here will be monitored and reviewed by the Azure Cloud Shell engineering team. By suggesting or voting for ideas here, you will help us shape the future of Cloud Shell. Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas, if you have technical questions please try our documentation or StackOverflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ctrl+Shift+C to copy would be a truly wonderful thing

Ctrl+Shift+C to copy
    Ctrl+Shift+V to paste

Ctrl+Shift+X to cut is probably asking too much...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Az Cloud Shell To Verify Credentials is unstable.

Cloud shell - verify credentials with az aks get-credentials --resource-group X --name Y
    Kubectl get pods --all-namespaces -> gives a prompt for the device code
    This doesn't return in azure cloud shell for some team members.

Need the ability to verify Az credentials via Cloud Shell for using kubectl get pods command for RBAC enabled clusters.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make cloud shell a service so we can open support tickets

Currently it is not possible to create a support ticket because the process inculdes a dropdown to select a service.

Since cloud shell is not a service, this is impossible. There is no official way to get help when cloud shell is broken.

In this suggestion, we were told to make a ticket
    https://feedback.azure.com/forums/598699-azure-cloud-shell/suggestions/32817547-serviceunavailable

But that's not possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. UK region support for storage account

I have several customers who do not allow resources outside UK regions which prevents the use of Cloud Shell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Resize content of main window when cloudshell is open at the bottom

When the cloudshell is open the content of the main window does not resize so on some blades the "submit" button is hidden behind the cloudshell. The only way to reach it is to close cloudshell or minimize. If the main window content resized or if it became scrollable it would help. The other option for which there is already an idea which I upvoted is for a pop out cloudshell window

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Increase limit for number of concurrent users per tenant per region

Currently there is a limit of 20 concurrent users per tenant per region for Cloud Shell. Some users would like to have the limit increased so it allows more concurrent users.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cloud-shell/troubleshooting#quota-limitations

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The cloud shell does not work on Chrome on iPad - command prompt hidden.

The cloud shell is next to useless with Chrome on iPad. Both shell.azure.com and portal.azure.com cloud shell has the same issue where the software keyboard or the keyboard toolbar with a hardware keyboard/smart keyboard hide the command prompt once it's positioned further down the terminal window or the bottom of the window - which is most the time.

Checked on Safari and all seems to work fine so this is specific to Chrome browser. (and possibly the Microsoft Edge browser too as that is Chromium based?)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. region

Please can there be additional regions supported - UK South and UK West.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Current directory when connecting to CloudShell (PowerShell) and difference in execution result of ls -l / dir / Get-ChildItem

Hi expert,

Current directory ($PWD) and home directory ($HOME) when connected to CloudShell (bash) are both "/home/[username]", but current directory ($PWD) when connected to CloudShell (PowerShell) is displayed as "Azure:/".

• bash
      [username]@Azure:~$ echo $HOME
      /home/[username]
      [username]@Azure:~$ echo $PWD
      /home/[username]

• PowerShell
      PS Azure:> echo $HOME
      /home/[username]
      Azure:/
      PS Azure:> echo $PWD
      Azure:/

Also I execute the ls -l command, the information in the "/home/[username]" directory ($HOME) is displayed, but I execute dir (Get-ChildItem) command, subscription information (Same as Get-AzSubscription execution result) is displayed.

I want the current directory of bash and PowerShell, and ls -l / dir / Get-ChildItem to behave…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add netaddr to python in Cloud Shell

Ansible in Cloudshell is missing the ability to use one of its native functions, ipaddr. To use this, it needs netaddr to be installed onto the underlying architecture.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make the Azure Cloud Shell container available for public download

The Azure Cloud Shell uses containers on the back end. It would be great if the container images used for Cloud Shell were publicly available and open source. The existing images are a great start for those who want to start using Azure and the extended tooling that is included. For those who want to avoid the dreaded timeout or would like to customize the container, it would be great to be able to grab the images and launch them in ACI or locally.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. SSH to vm with private IP

I think it would be awesome if there was some way to SSH into a VM on a VNET within my subscription via the Private IP. I know you can connect via Public IP, but within my environment that's not something we have in place.

My azure user ID context allows me to work with components that I specifically have rights too, and accessing linux VMs under that context with the private IP would be great. This way I wouldn't have to connect with a third party app, over a VPN.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. India needs more sandbox users -- 150 is too low for a country of 1.3 billion

Failed to provision a Cloud Shell: {"code":"TenantActiveUserQuotaReached","message":"Tenant '604c1504-c6a3-4080-81aa-b33091104187'has '150' active users in location 'centralindia', which exceeds the active user quota."}

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. General Tabs and Entering Machines

Adding tabs to the shell for Bash and PowerShell will make life much easier.
    In addition, please make it possible to access vm directly from the shell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow connection to cloud shell from putty or other clients over ssh

It would be awesome if there was an option to connect via putty or other ssh client to a cloud shell instance. I’m thinking the prompt app on an iPad for ssh to cloudshell to remove any overhead connecting I. A browser

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. bar stools lowes factory

Zhejiang Anji tengfei Furniture Factory was established in 2006,specialized in the design and production of bar furniture. Located in Baishuiwan Industrial Zone, Anji City, adjacent to Hangzhou, Shanghai.
    Our company covers an area of near 10000 square meters. We recruit various professional technical talents and use perfect sale service for the purpose of provding clients with high-quality products and services. Pur main products include various abs bar chair, abs bar table.With unique worldwide styles and the combination of art and taste, our products are elegant, fashionable adn graceful.
    We takes the slogan of "fine quality, reasonable prices, sincere service", and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add wildcard support to "download" command

The "download" command is really nice to allow you to download files from Azure Cloud Shell to your local machine. It would be great if the "download" command supported wildcard file names (such as "*") to enable downloading multiple files at once.

For example, "download *.cer" would download all files with the ".cer" extension in the current directory.

Currently, if you attempt to do this, the "download" command will display an error message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow cloudshell to be created inside a VNET

It would be quite helpful to be able to SSH or PowerShell into systems that are only accessible from inside of the VNET. This would reduce the need for me to fire up my laptop if I just need to check on something quickly on a VM (I could just use the Azure app on my phone at that point).

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Cloud Shell as a trusted services exception

Add Cloud Shell as a trusted services exception so it can connect to "Firewalls and virtual networks" configured storage accounts.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Cloud Shell

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base