Citus on Azure
Azure team edit: Original ask (idea) was for Citus columnar store but then at some point it was merged with the ask for Citus on Azure Database for PostgreSQL. If you're interested in voting for Citus columnar datastore, please vote for it here: https://feedback.azure.com/forums/597976-azure-database-for-postgresql/suggestions/36622771-citus-columnar-datastore
Now Citus is available as a managed service on Azure! Today we announced Hyperscale (Citus) on Azure Database for PostgreSQL.
- Learn more about Hyperscale (Citus) on Azure: https://azure.microsoft.com/blog/get-high-performance-scaling-for-your-azure-database-workloads-with-hyperscale/
- You can create Hyperscale (Citus) server group in Azure portal: https://ms.portal.azure.com/#create/Microsoft.PostgreSQLServer
If you have suggestion for Hyperscale (Citus) on Azure Database for PostgreSQL, please post them on this UserVoice forum.
Azure Database for PostgreSQL team
Matthew Kempey commented
Would love to see this.
Matthias Kurz commented
Slobodan Savkovic commented
We need Citus extension to run queries over a cluster of PostgreSQL instances:
What is Citus?
- Scalable PostgreSQL for multi-tenant and real-time workloads https://www.citusdata.com
- Open-source PostgreSQL extension (not a fork)
- Scalable across multiple machines through sharding and replication
- Distributed engine for query parallelization
- Database designed to scale multi-tenant applications
Doug Hathaway commented
Citus on Azure would be amazing
Nate Barbettini commented
It would be really cool to have support for the Citus extension directly inside of Azure PostgreSQL: https://github.com/citusdata/citus
Support for scaleout via Citus extension to Postgres that intelligently distributes database & queries across multiple nodes: https://github.com/citusdata/citus