Citus columnar datastore
I need this to do big-ish data things:
I am a huge fan of postgresql for data warehousing, and this is a key thing for having the ability to summary large tables quickly.
Matthew Kempey commented
Would love to see this.
Matthias Kurz commented
Slobodan Savkovic commented
We need Citus extension to run queries over a cluster of PostgreSQL instances:
What is Citus?
- Scalable PostgreSQL for multi-tenant and real-time workloads https://www.citusdata.com
- Open-source PostgreSQL extension (not a fork)
- Scalable across multiple machines through sharding and replication
- Distributed engine for query parallelization
- Database designed to scale multi-tenant applications
Doug Hathaway commented
Citus on Azure would be amazing
Nate Barbettini commented
It would be really cool to have support for the Citus extension directly inside of Azure PostgreSQL: https://github.com/citusdata/citus
Support for scaleout via Citus extension to Postgres that intelligently distributes database & queries across multiple nodes: https://github.com/citusdata/citus