How can we improve the Azure mobile app?

Custom keyboard for Cloud Shell (bash and PowerShell)

Add custom keys and improve keyboard for Cloud Shell (escape, tab, etc).

69 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminAzure portal team (Product Manager, Microsoft Azure) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Look a Google Cloud Console app for iOS for inspiration. It has a set of custom keys above the iOS keyboard.

Termius is another example of a useful shell app on iPhone.

• Neil Brookins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just ran "vi" in the cloud shell on iOS app and then realized that I couldn't type "esc" to exit insert mode to save my file!

• Andrew Strickland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great! I've used an Android app in the past called JuiceSSH that had a pretty good implementation of an additional keyboard pop up that ran above the default keyboard. It contained the modifier keys, arrows, tab, etc... Very handy.

It would be great to be able to copy and paste text from/to Azure App CLI the way it works in other Android applications. Current 'Paste' functionality via button is pretty good, but it's only 'one way'.

• Danny den Braver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if certain keys like tab would be added as an addition by the app itself.
    Currently I use the 'Hacker Keyboard' android app as a layer to resolve this issue.
    I think it would however be much cleaner if this would come from the app, rather then needing to change the Android/IOS keyboard for everything.

Add tab and arrow keys in the android Azure cli app. Without auto complete the shell is useless

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bash is useless without copy. Tapping az login shortlink for devicelogin takes you to the wrong page. Can't copy, so your forced to switch apps and type the path in your browser. Once signed in you can't copy guids in order to paste them.

• Vincent Biret commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that and CTRL + C support would be needed (interrupt current command)
    The experience of needing to wait a full provisioning cycle (and losing history + context) in order to cancel a command that's running or prompting is not so great. Same thing for clearing the line

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make a custom keyboard that focus on noun verb, pipe sign, dollar sign, etc. all the keys very close and simply when typing PowerShell on a mobile device keyboard.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When using the Cloud Shell a fab complete button would be extremely helpful!

Feedback and Knowledge Base