How can we improve the Azure mobile app?

Create and resize VMs

Please create a mobile app to manage Azure objects even with limited functionality such as creating a VM, starting/stopping/rebooting a VM, re-sizing of VM and check service status of backups and other jobs.

28 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminAzure portal team (Admin, Microsoft Azure) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminAzure portal team (Admin, Microsoft Azure) responded  · 

We can add support for creating VMs, if that’s a big need. When do you find yourself needing to create a VM when away from a computer? That’ll help us make sure we optimize the experience for the specific cases.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Elena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No need to create me vms for me either, but I would find it really useful if I could resize vms from the app

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a developer/architect, not every Azure resource I create is static, on all the time. In fact, I am more likely to be spinning things up and down to validate designs then script out the creates than I am to set up anything with non-ephemeral state.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

VM size change facility should be available in app. It will be useful easily change it to lower config in off hrs.

• Guillermo Bas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have no scenarios for having to create a VM from scratch, but definitely resize a VM is a key one when a VM gets stuck on restarting or any similar scenarios, also when you want to scale up which is something relatively common on peak hours when you are not in the office in front of a computer.

Feedback and Knowledge Base