Azure mobile app

The Azure mobile app (for iOS and Android) allows you to stay connected to your Azure resources –anytime, anywhere. Track the health and status of your resources, keep up with metrics to diagnose and resolve issues with quick actions, and even run commands using Cloud Shell (bash and PowerShell) all from your mobile device.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzureApp

1. Cloud Shell iPad Pro with Smart Keyboard unusable - prompt is off screen

When running the Microsoft Azure mobile app and navigating to the Cloud Shell tab - all looks like it's going to be an awesome experience until you start using!...

Firstly, you get an immediate issue where typing on the smart keyboard does not enter text in the prompt. You can tap the terminal space to give focus and you can now type from the keyboard.

Now that we have interactivity I will type a command that fills the screen and the command prompt is now off the screen!... It is hidden by a keyboard accessory view that appears at the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Cloud Shell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Logic app runs are not showing when it is running

When any one instance of logic app is running, it is not showing the older runs and getting the message that ‘ no logic app runs to display’. It should show the running, completed and failed logic apps in order when they ran and should have a control to cancel the logic app run. We now have the option to run/trigger logic app which is good.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for Device Authentication

The Azure mobile app does not handle device authentication correctly: we have a Conditional Access policy set up in Azure AD that prevents the use of any mobile app on devices that are NOT Intune compliant. We can't use the Azure mobile app even on a compliant device, as the app does not properly authenticate the mobile device when doing user authentication.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can't execute Cloud Shell commands

I've been using Cloud Shell commands since it was available in the Azure mobile app, but since January 17th, 2020 trying to execute any command only gets me back to the prompt with no other feedback. I've tried executing those commands on the Cloud Shell at the Azure Portal and works as expected.

Attached is a screenshot of a simple command that does nothing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Cloud Shell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please add back the feature to have favorites

There used to exist an ability to have favorites, which were then accessible on the home screen. This ability has been removed, can we please have it back? It was a huge time saver.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create alerts for CPU/RAM

I'd like to create automated alerts when CPU/RAM reach a certain level for VM.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Creating Cloud Shell from iOS Azure Mobile App does not react/finish

When your Azure tenant does not have an associated storage account to the Shell, selecting the Cloud Shell tap at the bottom of the Azure Mobile App in iOS shows a dialog to generate this account. After pressing Create the button text switches to „Creating...“ but does not finish or any other reaction after some times.
    When the account is created over the Azure Portal the same dialog is displayed and after a few seconds the Shell starts.
    Accessing the Cloud Shell now in the App works as expected.
    This is something to be checked.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Not able to login

I’m trying to login to the app. When I enter my email, it switches to Authenticator app and switches back. After this operation, it tells sign in failed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multiple account access

Like many, I have work subscriptions under my @microsoft.com identity but I also have an msdn account and I'd like to manage both. This app only let's me have a single identity.

As far as I know there is no way for me to add my msdn account subscription to my microsoft identity and the opposite is definitely blocked.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow multiple subscriptions to be selected at the same time

I used Azure management pro and it allowed multiple subscriptions to be selected at the same time. This would be very handy because managing a few subscriptions and I'm not sure which subscription a virtual machine is in sometimes

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Starting in version 1.5.1, you will be able to browse across all subscriptions within a single directory. The update is currently rolling out to store.

Enable this feature by going to the Settings menu and toggling on “Multiple subscriptions mode”

With this update we’ve also added a new powerful filter that will enable you to browse all your resources in a more efficient and faster way.

13. Push notifications

Please also add notification to my phone of azure resource events & alerts

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Start/pause data warehouse

Ability to start, pause a data warehouse

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Copy functionality

It would be handy if we can copy certain values from app. For example IDs of resources like subscription id etc..

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Be alerted when someone does actions on my resources ( ex: someone shut down my VM)

I want to know when someone ( cough Josh cough) shuts down my VMs or other actions. Push notifications for this would be awesome.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Directory List

When you first go to the directory list, it renders out the GUID ids of all the directories at first, and then async the names pop in later. Very user unfriendly - better to show a busy indicator until the names are async retrieved

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Search for resources

If I have hundreds of resources I need to be able to search by name, owner, tag, region etc and then tag as favorite

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. VM RDP Connect via VPN or other means when RDP Port is closed

Most companies have the standard ports for RDP closed so there is no way to connect to the VM except via VPN or some other means. This is especially important on Mobile since there is no static IP# on the device. Hoping there is support to be able to use RDP to connect to the machine in cases of emergency even when the ports are closed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure mobile app

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base