Azure Bot Service

Azure Bot Service enables rapid intelligent bot development powered by the Microsoft Bot Framework, run in a serverless environment on Azure. Build, connect, deploy and manage intelligent bots that interact naturally wherever your users are talking – from your app or website to text/sms to Skype, Slack, Teams, Facebook Messenger, Kik, Office 365 mail and other popular services. Allow your bots to scale based on-demand and you pay only for the resources you consume.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with the Bot Framework, please try StackOverflow or submit an issue in the Bot Builder SDK repo on GitHub

1. I am facing problem when I was trying to connect with SharePoint in Azure Bot Service in V4. Alway it's giving me error 400 bad request

How can I use SharePoint Client assemblies in Azure Bot framework in V4. Because I tried too much but Alway it's giving me error 400 bad request. And how can I use cards in V4? Please help me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Is there any QnA bot template (SDK v4) available which supports multi-turn conversation?

I'm wondering if there's any QnA bot template (SDK v4) available which supports multi-turn conversation?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow adding images to the knowledge base in qnamaker for QnA Bots

I was creating a QnA Bot using some existing FAQs documents. Answers to some questions include images. However, when I imported the Word document that contained the FAQs (with images) to create a knowledge base, only content was imported. There was no option either to add images once the knowledge base was created. Sometimes, visuals make an answer easy to understand.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Speech Priming for non-US LUIS Apps

The document https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/bot-service/bot-service-manage-speech-priming?view=azure-bot-service-4.0 says "Priming is not supported from non U.S. regional LUIS apps including: eu.luis.ai and au.luis.ai" - is that a permanent restriction or will it be opened to eu.luis.ai etc soon?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stickers bot

At the insertion of the stickers in my bot, I have this error message:

invalid user

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The translation service doesn't always works with dates.

The translation service doesn't always works with dates (translator-text-api).

Ex : "Torsdag den 20. juni inviterer " is translated to "Thursday, 20 September. June invites"

Which is wrong. Please can you consider this and work for a better solution

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Include Microsoft Graph Template

I would like to suggest to include Microsoft Graph Template in Bot Framework.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Suggested Actions for MS Teams

Please implement the sugessted Actions for MS Teams like in WebChat or Skype. They are designed to enhance the user experience and help in conducting conversations.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Set custom period on Analytics panel on Azure Bot Service.

I want to see Analytics information in any period.
    So, I want to set custom period on Analytics panel on Azure Bot Service page of Azure Portal.
    eg) From Nov.21/2018 - Dec.20/2018
    https://docs.microsoft.com/ja-jp/azure/bot-service/bot-service-manage-analytics?view=azure-bot-service-4.0

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Set alert regarding message count on Azure Bot Service page

I hope to set directly it on Azure Bot Service page of Azure Portal because I want to detect the limit of message count per month as below.
    eg) The alert feature on Azure Bot Service notify email alert if messages count per month exceed 9000.
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/bot-service/

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add an Azure DevOps channel

I'd like to create a bot to help with certain skills like creating/deleting environments or restarting applications

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. publish a list of which Microsoft Bot Framework channels support adaptive cards

Please publish a list of which Microsoft Bot Framework channels support adaptive cards.

Not as a blog post. As part of the official documentation page. As a blog post, when I find a page that's a year old, I still have to wonder whether it's current.

The list of possibilities is not that long. There are only 15 channels. By my count, 6 of them are from Microsoft, so that's a quick answer for you to get.

As for the trouble of keeping the list up-to-date, once a channel supports Adaptive Cards, it probably won't drop support for them, so…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Integrate with Mixer

Add Mixer chat as a channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide a Description Field in Azure Bot Service Creation Template

When creating a new Web App Bot from Azure Portal, we have a name field, but generally we/organisations follow a naming convention which are not User Read Friendly.
    And when there are several bots it becomes difficult to quickly notice which bot service is doing what.
    So, to solve this we have a Description Field where some description related to service can be added and it should be displayed in the Overview Pane or on hovering the service inside the Grid displayed on exploring resource group.
    I hope this should be done for most of the service, it can help…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Why is there no bot on the bot page?

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/bot-service/ does not have a bot on it. If you are selling a bot service you should have a demo bot, one that could answers about your service on the page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable IVR bot through real phone number

Bot Builder has added the capability a while ago to build IVR (voice call) bots using Skype. However, there is currently no feature to connect these bots to a regular phone# through the Skype Number or other facility. They always have to be reached through a Skype client. This is a request to make these bots reachable through a regular phone# (I don't mind if this feature comes at a consumption-based cost, as it would have considerable business value).

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. .bot File Not Uploaded When Using Publishing Profile

By default, the .bot file doesn't upload into your web app bot when you publish from Visual Studio via a publishing profile. It seems the only way to get it to upload is to manually copy the contents of it and paste them in when editing the .bot file in the Azure Portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adjust BasicBot Template Documentation Around LUIS Subcription Key

By default, the BasicBot template uses the LUIS authoring key when it instantiates a connection to LUIS via this line in the BotServices.cs file:

var app = new LuisApplication(luis.AppId, luis.AuthoringKey, luis.GetEndpoint());

There should be some documentation (comments) here pointing out that even if you add a subscription key to the .bot file LUIS service entry, you'll need to change that line of code to use it.

Also, the msbot command line tool guides you to use an authoring key as well - with no documentation for the --subscriptionKey parameter shown at the GitHub repo documentation page: https://github.com/Microsoft/botbuilder-tools/blob/master/packages/MSBot/docs/add-services.md#connecting-to-luis-application

The combination of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Discord Channel

Add discord bots as a channel

Bot Framework is a great way to easily make bots for many channels, if there was a way I could easily make my existing bot talk as a discord bot that would be great!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Bot Service

Feedback and Knowledge Base