How can we improve Microsoft Azure Government?

Azure AD B2B in Azure Government

87 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminAzure Government Team (Admin, Microsoft Azure) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • rgs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is there any update about when this feature will be available?

• fhb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

B2B between Government and Commercial is by far more useful to my organization.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to use our government tenant accounts to access a commercial tenant. Government to government is nice to have.. but we really need to be able to access resources from downstream that aren't in Government tenants.

• Jeremy Brun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with everyone else. B2B between Government and Commercial is by far more useful to my organization than just Government to Government at this point.

• bhaskar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our users need to be able to access apps in commercial tenant and data in government tenant. Please make this work. Please allow Azure AD B2B between commercial tenant and gov tenant

• Francis Bachabi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be able to invite users from our O365 Tenant is critical to us in that our ultimate goal with this would be to leverage this feature to enforce 'Conditional Access + MFA' for all Admin Accounts.
    Thanks again for all the hard work and putting this on your release roadmap.

Dear Azure Government Team, can you please confirm Azure AD B2B is still on target for CY19Q1?
    Thank you so much!

• Scott Snyder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the update. What is the timing on integration of B2B services between Azure Gov and Azure Commercial directories?

Keep in mind that many in government established hybrid Azure AD in Azure Commercial prior to Gov being available. As a result, many government entities run Commercial Azure AD but still have a need to collaborate via B2B with latecomers running Azure AD Gov in both commercial and gov O365 and Azure services.

Bottom line - we need B2B to cover all the scenarios or we can't use Microsoft services with many of our collaborators so we are stuck using Kiteworks or Atlassian and advancing those competing platforms.

• Ron Bokleman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What the heck is taking so long to get this important feature going for clients? Clients understand the security risks, but often need trusted partners from Commercial added as guest early on during Azure onboarding then later replace with creds from their corporate AD.

• Eric Schrader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is planned for CY18Q3?

Azure Commercial Cloud
    Government Cloud
    Goverment Cloud High

1) External Users from Office 365 Commercial Cloud or Government Cloud tenants can be invited to Office 365 Commercial Cloud (and possibly to Government Cloud tenants).

1A) External Users from Government Cloud tenants cannot be invited to Government Cloud tenants (one-way only at this time, coming soon on roadmap).

2) External Users from Government Cloud High tenants cannot be invited to Office 365 Commercial Cloud or Government Cloud tenants by design.

Are these statements of mine correct? I did a POC with the Commercial Cloud and Government Cloud and found those results.

From my GCC Azure trial (not O365), I get an error trying to B2B invite anyone outside my org in Azure Commercial Cloud or GCC:
    "Your Cloud does not currently support collaboration" which is different when I try to invite .mil users to any Azure Commercial Cloud or GCC tenant.

• Jason Jensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to add guest account across Azure Government and Azure Commercial is important for our organizations.

High value for a global company that interacts with many subsidiaries and suppliers. Reasons:
    1. Many have Azure AD but due to International locations do not leverage U.S. gov cloud.
    2. Others use commercial since security constraints differ for their organization and do not demand Azure gov
    3. Smaller subs/suppliers cannot justify expense for gov
    4. Subs and suppliers may not qualify for Azure gov

Collaboration could be greatly enhanced by enabling B2B functionality between gov and commercial platforms

Please add soon! We cannot rely on other government tenants and work with many non-government entities.

When created globally accessible applications in Azure, B2B is crucial in getting different governement agencies with and with out the principle agencies PIV / CAC cards access to the application

Please add this feature as soon as possible

• Erik L. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include support for adding guest users from Azure Commercial tenants, to an Azure Govt tenant. For every 1 customer that needs to add guest users between two govt tenants....there's 50 of us that already have our on-premise directories syncing to Azure commercial...and we are severely impacted when we try to support customers in GovCloud..Germany.....etc. MSFT claims to be the leader is this realm; we're already required to login to 50 different portals to manage all these services, AT LEAST give us SSO.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base