How can we improve Microsoft Azure Government?

Application Insights in Azure Government

Application Insights can help me gain actionable insights through application performance management and instant analytics.

87 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Shawn Weisfeld shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sasan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to instrumentation key changes, the telemetry endpoints also need to be modified per documentation at https://docs.microsoft.com/en- us/azure/azure-government/documentation-government-services-monitoringandmanagement#net-with-applicationinsightsconfig

• Larry Peterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also trying to use app insights in gov cloud for logs and metrics from azure functions but get nothing. instrumentation key set correctly, working great in commercial cloud. Is this capability supposed to be working?

• Mark Henson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've begun using an instance of app insights and its not working at all. Using the correct instrumentation key produces no events.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we get a new time frame?

"Application Insights is being deployed in Azure Government and expected to be available in CY19Q1 time frame."

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has the expectation of October/November 2018 changed?

• Rosana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi team! Is there any update about the release for Application Insights in Azure Government ? We had November 2018 as proposed time frame.
    What are the options we have instead, that we can provide to our Gov customers?

• Ram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on Application Insights on Azure Gov Cloud

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My customer went with the commercial cloud - they couldn't wait that long for the feature. Hopefully this doesn't get them in trouble when they expand their cloud presence later.

• Sven Akerman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We configure security to require Client Certificates to secure access to our applications. I would like to see the ability to upload client certificates so the “probes” can verify a web site with client certificates installed.

It would be helpful to have the ability to collect application insights data in OMS for reporting on tests (i.e. Ping/Health tests). It would also be helpful if App Insights/Log Analytics/OMS can be configured to show correlation activity of potential threats.

Application Insights should provide service tunneling so applications within a private vnet can still data to insights behind the scene.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use Media Services, It has been great. But management would like to know how it is being used. If we cant have application insights yet, can you provide the work around?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base