Azure Government

Azure Government is a trusted, hyper-scale cloud ready for mission workloads. If you are a US federal, state, local, or tribal entity, or partner that serves these entities, you are eligible to use Azure Government. If you have ideas, suggestions, or feedback based on your experience with Azure Government, we’d love to hear it.

Please take a few minutes to submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure Government customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored closely and reviewed by the Azure team responsible for Azure Government.

This is a feedback forum and should be used for ideas and suggestions related to Azure Government. If you are a current customer who is experiencing a technical or subscription issue, please open a support ticket from with the Microsoft Azure Government Portal. If you would like to try Azure Government, please up for a free trial. If you are interested in learning more about Azure Government, please visit our landing page or documentation page.

We appreciate the feedback!

1. Enable Microsoft Azure Bastion in Azure Government

Microsoft Azure Bastion would greatly simplify Azure implementations for IaaS for Government customers.

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Service Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Service Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Service Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Visual Studio Team Services can integrate/connect with Azure Government today. For more information on this see:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/azure/azure-government/documentation-government-get-started-connect-with-vsts

This item will remain open for a FedRAMP version of VSTS instance which is still TBD. Please also cast you vote on the Visual Studio Team Services feedback forum:
    https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/330519-visual-studio-team-services/suggestions/12571488-add-visual-studio-team-services-to-azure-governmen

Also, in the short term our recommendation is to self-host Team Foundation Server (our on-premises product) in Azure. Several quickstart templates are available to help self-hosting Team Foundation Server in Azure, including in government clouds. See https://azure.microsoft.com/resources/templates/?term=tfs, and https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/mihansen/2017/11/15/private-tfs-deployment-in-azure/. We are working on making this approach easier in the next release of TFS.

4. Azure Databricks in Azure Gov

Databricks would be a great feature to leverage the power of Spark in a FedRAMP High environment.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Service Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add SendGrid Email Delivery Service

The SendGrid Email Delivery Service is available in public Azure, but not Azure Government. Please make this useful service available also in Azure Government.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Service Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Azure DDoS in Azure Government

Please make Azure DDoS available in Azure Government to help protect my Azure resources from denial of service threats.

https://azure.microsoft.com/services/ddos-protection/

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Service Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Service Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Azure CDN is currently revaluating their plans for Azure Government

For customers that have both public Azure and Azure Government, given that CDNs don’t host restricted data, you can use Azure CDN from public Azure in the interim.

9. Azure Automation in Azure Government DoD Region

Need Azure Automation for the DoD regions in Azure Government. Utilizing this feature to automate cloud and on-premises system deployments would be a useful method for introducing DoD customers to the cloud.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Application Gateway support for Azure Monitor

Application Gateways should emit diagnostics logs & metrics, and support alerting through Azure monitor.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need override exceptions for services created by mistake

I had signed up for the 90 day trial and had just started the second month. In trying to determine what type of service I needed to test some features, I inadvertently selected and created a Sql DataWarehouse, not realizing that service would immediately cause me to go over my $500 credit limit. I soon realized that service wasn't at all what I needed, and deleted it, but the effect of this mistake was/is that I'm locked out of my trial account for a month and can't do any further testing because of it. The timing is particularly bad because…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Availability of Azure VMware Solutions by CloudSimple

Hello Microsoft team, when is Azure VMware Solutions by CloudSimple going to be available for our customers in the Azure government cloud?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. qna maker in Government Tenants

When will QnA Maker service become available in GCC High?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Government

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base