How can we improve Microsoft Azure Analysis Services?

Present Azure Analysis Services on a VNET

Instead of making Azure AS available on the internet, allow admins to move it so it's only available on a VNET.

73 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Greg Galloway shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Pawel Wenda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

VNET endpoint is must have for any Enterprise architecture. I know I get use gateway hosted on VNET but with TB-PB of data this is super inneffective and requires additional scale sets of VMs for every AAS. Please prioritize this.

• AdminAzure AS PM Team (Admin, Microsoft Azure) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

VNET tunneling is on the backlog, but there are dependencies for Azure AS to talk to other cloud services on the VNET. We don't have timeline for this yet.

However, we are implementing a feature that will be ready soon, which will provide a workaround. We will create a property on an Azure AS server to always go through a gateway to get data - including cloud sources such as Azure DW, etc. If the gateway machine is in the VNET, it is not necessary to open up access on the data sources for Azure AS.

Firewall is already done to prevent user access.

• Dayvon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? i have a database on a vnet and a Azure SSAS i can deploy the SSAS outside the vnet but it fails because it cannot connect to the DB or i can connect to the vnet and access the DB but cannot access the Azure SSAS

Feedback and Knowledge Base