How can we improve Microsoft Azure Analysis Services?

Support for multidimensional models

Support for multidimensional models on Microsoft Azure Analysis Services

296 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Wes BrownWes Brown shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • B BB B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys, waiting for update / news on Multidimensional. Can Tabular & Multidimensional not developed in parallel instead of in tandem. Multidimensional users are being alienated from Azure AS.

• John HagelinJohn Hagelin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Michael, Tabular doesn't offer any support to planning functionality, which is why Multidimensional AS would be a great step for the Azure stack in my opinion.

• Michael BjelvenmarkMichael Bjelvenmark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Of cource it's needed. To build an Corporate Performance Managament BI solution that's based on Financial Data Warehouse in Azure is support for multidimensional models needed. For example to get Planning functionality.

• AFPAFP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) ROLAP against Azure DW - we want and need a fast data warehouse for large data sets, and we want our analysis tools to be in near real time, as the data warehouse loads, thus ROLAP against a data warehouse. Azure DW scales, and that is really important to the future of a DW
        2) Multi-dimensional is better than tabular, has more features, is a better development tool
        3) ROLAP reduces/eliminates the need to support large data sets in SSAS
        4) ROLAP eliminates the need for dual data entry into both DW and SSAS

Feedback and Knowledge Base