Azure Analysis Services

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Analysis Services? We would love to hear from you! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea, or vote up an idea submitted by another customer. All the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Analysis Services engineering team. By suggesting or voting for ideas here, you will be among the first to know when it gets done.

Please remember this is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you have technical questions, please submit a question to our MSDN forum. Azure Analysis Services shares the forum with SQL Server Analysis Services due to same modeling, management tools, etc.

If you need support, please open a support ticket through the Azure Portal.

1. Keep Azure Analysis Tabular & Power BI Models in sync

At present when I dissect a Power BI Desktop model it is compatibility mode of 1400, when I look at AAS model it is still only 1200. It would help if the two were in sync and cross compatible.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for service principle authentication

I'd like to be able to refresh cube partitions from within data factory.

I've got an Azure Batch process that runs a class using the AMO library, however the authentication options are limited - I can either hard code an AD username and password into the connection string, or run the application from an authorised account (which I don't think is possible in azure batch).

Support for more forms of authentication would enable cube refreshes from data factory / azure batch.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do support service principals. The next SSMS will make them a lot easier to set in roles and we also have some client lib changes that will make them easier to use. Now you can use them by getting the token yourself and passing it in as the password on the connection string.

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Analysis Services

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base