Azure Analysis Services

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Analysis Services? We would love to hear from you! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea, or vote up an idea submitted by another customer. All the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Analysis Services engineering team. By suggesting or voting for ideas here, you will be among the first to know when it gets done.

Please remember this is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you have technical questions, please submit a question to our MSDN forum. Azure Analysis Services shares the forum with SQL Server Analysis Services due to same modeling, management tools, etc.

If you need support, please open a support ticket through the Azure Portal.

1. Support for Encryption At Rest

Possibly more relevant for on-prem, but it would be really useful if SSAS databases had something like TDE (Transparent Data Encryption) so that all data files and backups were encrypted at the point they were written to disk. I know with things like MD cubes this might impact performance but if Tabular is In-Memory perhaps it's not such an issue?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create more granular operations for a custom role based access control

The operations listed for custom roles for analysis services is quite limited.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/role-based-access-control-resource-provider-operations#microsoftanalysisservices

For example, it would be great if more operations could be created so that a developer could create databases but not delete them - or only delete databases that they have created.

A large instance of Azure Analysis Services may host multiple models from different entities and it would be great to give more granular access to developers at the entity level instead of at the Corporate IT level.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. date format

Add Data Format "dd/MM/yyyy" for Data Type "Date".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. edit url for data lake

My project requirements dictate a need for the a Tabular Model Connector to Azure Data Lake which lets you change folder so you can deploy a project file to different clients without having to edit the model file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Making Azure Analysis service a Self Service Data Preparation platform i.e. similar to PAXATA

Making Azure Analysis service a Self Service Data Preparation platform i.e. similar to PAXATA

Actually I don't see how AAS can be used for Self-data Preparation, majority of business users look to something similar to PAXATA.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Analysis Services

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base