Azure Analysis Services

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Analysis Services? We would love to hear from you! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea, or vote up an idea submitted by another customer. All the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Analysis Services engineering team. By suggesting or voting for ideas here, you will be among the first to know when it gets done.

Please remember this is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you have technical questions, please submit a question to our MSDN forum. Azure Analysis Services shares the forum with SQL Server Analysis Services due to same modeling, management tools, etc.

If you need support, please open a support ticket through the Azure Portal.

1. Bring Upgrade Analytics to Azure Government OMS

Upgrade Analytics to Azure Government OMS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Making Azure Analysis service a Self Service Data Preparation platform i.e. similar to PAXATA

Making Azure Analysis service a Self Service Data Preparation platform i.e. similar to PAXATA

Actually I don't see how AAS can be used for Self-data Preparation, majority of business users look to something similar to PAXATA.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Required Filter at Perspective

Scenario
    I have a cube (tabular model)
    It contains a list of Customers, and a measure Revenue.
    The Customer table has a column Client Account Manager.
    I will have a report which points to this default perspective, and the Security Role will apply Row Level Security showing only the Client Account Manager their Revenue, for their Customers. Simple.

For Account Managers & Non-account managers, I also want them to be able to see the revenue for any Customer, even if it is not their own, but I don’t want them to be able to write a report (or remove a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. For Azure service, there is “Always On” option; default is “off” and this better be “on” by default.

For Azure service, there is “Always On” option; default is “off” and this better be “on” by default. Some prod service was off unexpectedly during the weekend because of this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. T

T

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Query for Azure Analysis Services Tabular

I want to use Azure Analysis Services Tabular for Power BI Services with over 1 GB data models.
    My query use the Query in most case Power BI without developers.
    I hope Azure Analysis Services with the Query feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow Updating Azure Analysis Services while in Paused state

When an Azure Analysis Services instance is Paused, any deployment of an Azure Resource Manager Template that includes the Azure Analysis Services instance fail with the error "The server is currently being updated. Please try again later.".

This happens even if the exact same configuration is applied to the Azure Analysis Services instance and has the potential to break CI/CD pipelines as a result.

Azure should allow Analysis Services to be "updated" by Resource Manager Templates while in the Paused state for configuration that is not dependent upon a running instance.

Other Azure resources like Stream Analytics and Synapse Analytics…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Firewall Rules DeployifNotExist Policy to check compliance

We are wanting to implement a policy that will deploy firewall rules through policy to Azure Analysis Server. Every scenario I tried doesn't seem to work. It looks like the Existence condition doesn't like the alias's for this service. I could be doing something wrong, but if there is a way or could be a way to do this, that would be great. It appears within the Api there is not an Enable Option for the firewall to set to true, so wondering if that may be the problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow backup and restore of AAS "server" settings.

Allow restore of AAS "server" settings. Currently we can capture the settings using XMLA query, but there is no method to restore those settings to another AAS server (e.g. for DR or HA purposes).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support parameter validation for AAS REST API

Currently I get a 500 error if I send a mal-formed JSON payload, this should be a 400 error with a meaningful message

{'error':{'code':'InternalError','subCode':0,'message':'An internal error occurred.','timeStamp':'2020-03-06T10:50:57.1721115Z','httpStatusCode':500,'details':[{'code':'RootActivityId','message':'ce5ce935-2702-4023-b2f1-69abcc1a0c34'},{'code':'Param1','message':'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'}]}}

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Importante analisar todos os serviços em descrição ao servir os usuários que comentam

Auto analisar os serviços prestados pelos os sites Microsoft Azure e os demais.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create connection gateway form does not recognize my on-premise data gateway

Hi, I tried to create an on-premise data gateway on my local machine to import data into Azure Analysis Services tabular project. I followed the instructions downloading and installing the app on my computer. However, when I try to create a gateway from Azure portal, it does not recognize the installed instance. Please refer to attached screenshots.

Could you please help on this please? I have tried using an Azure VM and did the same steps. Still failed to achieve it.

Thank you,
    Sam

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give user a choice to elect or decline alert auto-disabling query-based alert rules; they are auto-disabled on repeated query syntax error

If we deploy a LoadBalancer resource, and a LoadBalancer alert rule via ARM template – that rule gets automatically disabled by Azure because the table doesn’t exist yet (until the probe state changes, or some other resource writes to AzureDiagnostics), causing the query in the alert rule to have a syntax error - then, when the probe state does * change due to an error condition, the alert won’t be triggered because the alert rule has been auto-disabled by Azure. Azure auto-disables alert rules when there is a query syntax error. Give the user a choice to elect * this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Cassandra Azure CosmosDB as a data source

Is there a way to connect Cassandra Azure CosmosDB to Azure Analysis Services?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Highly Available SSAS through syncing

I'm trying to implement an automated fail-over solution. Read https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/analysis-services/analysis-services-bcdr but the solutions are not automated fail-overs.
    I'm wondering if using the sync feature of SSAS to sync secondary with the primary (after processing is done on primary) is a stable and feasible solution?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Excel should be able to connect to AAS without explicit login being provided in Connection String

In the past with SSAS you could use Windows Authentication in your connection and send your excel file to other users and they could refresh

With AAS this is not possible as you have to put your login in the connection string which is very unfriendly

I thought this guide might help https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/blob/master/articles/analysis-services/analysis-services-odc.md and initially it does seem work for asazure:// protocol, but it doesn't work for link:// protocol which we have employed

I posted this feedback on that page and was told to post this here.

Please can you extend this capability to work with the link:// protocol.

Right…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Revise down activity log entries for paused AAS instances

When an Azure Analysis Services instance is paused, it generates two activity log 'Health Event' entries per hour.

This needlessly populates the log and makes it a little harder to spot anything significant.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide Process Logging

There doesn't appear to be any way to observe a model being processed. For example if I start a model process with the asynchronous REST API, I can't find out afterwards (i.e. by logging in through SSMS) what is currently executing and what is complete. XEvents don't appear to provide me with this information either.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Analysis Services

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base