Azure Monitor-Application Insights

Welcome to the Azure Application Insights UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for all aspects of Application Insights such as our SDKs, Web tests, Analytics, etc. We look forward to hearing from you!

The Application Insights team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a "button" to hide/unhide series

It would be good to be able to hide/unhide series from a chart by clicking on its name in the legend.
    Hiding/unhiding bars in a barchart could be useful too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide documentation and guidance for App Insights + PowerShell

Please provide guidance for integrating Application Insights with both compiled and script-based PowerShell modules.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it possible in the AppInsight UI to check if you reached the limit on custom properties and remove old ones

I *believe* that I may have accidentally reached the limit on custom properties, because I'm no longer able to create new ones (see reported issue "PageViewTelemetry Custom Properties not displaying in AppInsight, but DO appear in continuous export data").
    However, I have NO WAY to verify if that's the case, nor any way to clear out the erroneously created custom properties.

As an aside, a limit of 200 properties is FAR too low...and far too easy to reach.

This limit, combined with the inability to KNOW that the limit has been reached and no way to clean them up, has…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Service monitoring and diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Regional Formatting of dates incorrect - Please fix

I have my regional format set to UK and yet dates are formatted MM/dd/YYYY, should be dd/MM/YYYY

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Metrics & charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. app insights : continuous export for free

Given that AI only exports to azure storage (cost), and is only available in Central region which likely means that the export will impose egress traffic (cost)... the option to provide continuous export should be available in AI's free pricing tier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. HttpException logging misses custom properties set by context initializer

Hello,

When Web API instances receives HttpException, some internal classes of App Insights log HttpException to portal.

The issue is that it doesn't log customer properties which should be associated with this exception (I tried global context initializer and local TelemetryClient instance usage of "Properties" property.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multiple column layouts for charts or display multiple favorites at same time

I would like to have charts span multiple columns. With only being able to display 1 favorite blade at a time, I am adding a lot of charts to a single blade and now finding I can't see them all without vertical scrolling required. Either allow multiple favorites to be visible at the same time or allow blades to have multiple columns to be able to see all the charts at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Metrics & charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More granular time ranges

I would like to have more granular time range filtering in the AI user interfaces. A minimum time range of 1 hour is too much for detailed analyses. I would like to see ranges specified in increments of x minutes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be great having Application Insight API so that for mobile phones it can be synced with offline data

As far as we know that application insight service needs internet to post data to azure. For mobile platforms, we should have API accessible so that offline data can be synced using SQLlite and AI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Correlate traces

When tracing application behavior it's common to look for a specific sequence of traces in a web user session.
    It would be helpful that once a trace is found and its properties displayed, to be able to click over a property and a new tab to appear looking for new traces matching the new criteria.

Then after clicking on a new property, it make sense to filter the secondary list of traces with this new property, and so on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Auto-refresh Application Maps on Dashboards

Currently, all metric charts on a dashboard have the ability to auto-refresh on a Dashboard, but application maps do not.

We find the app map to be a very useful monitoring across our whole solution, but it's completely useless on a large tv screen if it doesn't auto-refresh.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

12. Boutton share on error viewer to send links

Boutton share on error viewer to send links

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "Request duration" should be a default column in the Live Metrics Server table

The "Live Metrics" page contains a overview table "Servers". In this table the column "Request duration" should be selected by default, or your preferences should be stored in a cookie etc, so you don't have to configure this table every time you load the page.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 24 25 26 28 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base