Azure Monitor-Application Insights

Welcome to the Azure Application Insights UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for all aspects of Application Insights such as our SDKs, Web tests, Analytics, etc. We look forward to hearing from you!

The Application Insights team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Select multiple server to monitor the health of the servers

Currently we can only select one server which filters everything to that server., but I would also like to select multiple servers or all instances of a particular instance

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Metrics & charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ask for confirmation before updating the Application Insights Extension

When an update is available to the Application Insights extension, an alert with a go.microsoft.com link is displayed. If a user clicks that, the extension is immediately updated. This causes downtime because the app service is restarted.

The update should not be executed without asking the user for confirmation. It is NOT clear from UI that the update will start immediately, rather I expected it to take me to a "update page" from where I can see the new version info, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Service monitoring and diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Application Insights Rest Api to return all data, even if the data = 0

Currently Application Insights Rest Api doesn't return data that has a sum of 0, which makes generating graphs from the data incorrect and difficult.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable App Insights to clear data

Please provide a way to clear App Insights data based on a schedule defined by the user or via programmatically

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow application instrumentation context to flow between AI Resources and support more flexible application maps that span AI Resources

Allow application instrumentation context to flow between AI Resources and support more flexible application maps that span AI Resources

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support out of the box options for data obfuscation/deidentification of certain types of information such as SQL parameters

Support out of the box options for data obfuscation/deidentification of certain types of information such as SQL parameters

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Service monitoring and diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Increase the number of exceptions that appear in the VS Code Lens. Limiting to the top 15 exceptions is too small for large code bases.

Increase the number of exceptions that appear in the VS Code Lens. Limiting to the top 15 exceptions is too small for large code bases. Perhaps top 100 exceptions or more would be much better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visual Studio integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remove daily data limit for Visual Studio Enterprise subscribers

In a development situation, I've set up Application Insights to measure an Azure Function App. The function app is triggered every second with a small message from the IoTHub.
    Within the hour, I've reached a daily data limit for Application Insights. As a Visual Studio Enterprise subscriber, I expect that I could use my monthly credit for selecting a pricing tier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. IIS LogParser view in appinsight

Recently I have started using AppInsight and I found this to be very good monitoring tool as compared to appdynamics. I'm not sure whether this feature is in place. I would like to see Metrics view in AppInsight with options to view tabular details for the http request. Similar to IIS Log parsers. This will help analyse quickly which one is failing , pass, redirected etc. Overall search filter with trace, request looks good but it require bit of training to set right parameter and query. The inclusion of IIS log like query in built or ability write custom will…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Metrics & charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A memo box to use

When you click a button a memo box pops up to help calculate
    algorithms. The usual memo page is too white & it disappears when typing codes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Application Insights App Services extension survive clean redeployment

If you enable App Services extension for your service from the portal and then redeploy your service from Visual Studio selecting the clean option that deletes existing files, you Application Insights monitoring will be disabled. To re-enable monitoring you will need to remove and re-enable extension again.
    Please improve this by detecting redeployment and re-enabling extension automatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Generate alerts in case web tests are not executed because of certain reason.

In case, web tests are not executed in azure application insight there should be an alert generated which can specify the reason behind such incident.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web tests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add ability to recycle, stop, and start an IIS application pool

It would be great if Application Insight could provide control over the current AppPool. And even better, if it could provide ability to reboot the server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support Java on Windows

My customer extensively uses Java running on a Windows OS and would love to get the Profiler to support this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profiler  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Application Insights Slowest Operations should respond to filters

In Application Insights portal, when you go to the page called Performance, there is a chart that shows the server response times and a list below with the title "What re my slowest operations?"

I can add filters to the page, but they will only filter the chart not the list below, I think this is a bug, because when you then click on a call in the list below, it opens in a details pane, but the pane shows no data because that pane is filtered with the same filters as the chart.

So you need to remove the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change Sample Telemetry list under Live Metrics Stream to append new items at the bottom

The Sample Telemetry list adds new items at the top. This makes it confusing since lists normally append new stuff at the bottom.

Change it to append and auto scroll to the bottom.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add ability to dismiss the banner tips

The banner tips are helpful, but I would like to dismiss them.
    They get annoying rather quickly since you can’t remove them and they take focus away.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Display "Reporting Name" in the web test result screen in azure rather than Request URLs

Display "Reporting Name" in the web test result screen in azure rather than Request URLs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web tests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. There needs to be a low-latency log display or API

Like all telemetry, logging currently arrives in the form of searchable data only after a significant lag.

That makes the logging unusable for debugging purposes, which is one of the most important use cases for logging.

There needs to be a way to either view incoming log entries in near real-time or there needs to be an API to get at them at near real time.

Alternatively, it should be possible to redirect the events to a message or even queue in near real time.

At the moment, one has to send logging from one's application twice: once to app…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Service monitoring and diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Able to increase the sampling time of the app insight profiler

Is it possible to increase the sampling time of the app insight profiler ? (for short testing scenarios)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base