Azure Monitor-Application Insights

Welcome to the Azure Application Insights UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for all aspects of Application Insights such as our SDKs, Web tests, Analytics, etc. We look forward to hearing from you!

The Application Insights team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable & Enable Application Insights as Needed

Need an option to Disable a specific instance of Application Insights and Azure Monitor during a planned Maintenance Window and then the ability to re-enable it when needed. Could not find such an option on the Azure Portal. Currently it is only possible to stop telemetry by changing the web.config file of the app but nothing on the server side on the Application Insights instance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

2. Pause the gathering of data

To be able to simply pause the collection of data via the portal without the need for removing the SDK's etc. I'm assuming that this would update the sample config to 0 for everything.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

3. Show partial Instrumentation Key in Dashboard to identify App Insight instances by instrumentation key

When dealing with different App Insight instances specified within config files using an Instrumentation Key, it can be difficult to locate the specific App Insight Instance in the Azure Portal, armed only with the instrumentation key.

Given an instrumentation key, I would like to quickly navigate to the relevant Application Insights instance in the Azure Portal, perhaps by being able to see a couple of the characters from the instrumentation key next to the list of the App Insights instances.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Consolidate Settings

Consolidate the various places where one cat set the instrumentation key. I just found that my app had two different keys:

APPINSIGHTS_INSTRUMENTATIONKEY
    ApplicationInsights:InstrumentationKey

One set by the portal, which I think is for the debugger, snapshots, more integrated solutions and the other one is set by me or VS at install into the app. This is the one that I would typically use to embed for JS and (in some cases) manually at startup for the app.

There's also the config file, it seems (I don;t use that). There should be one place to ensure that the correct key is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base