Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Monitor-Application Insights

Welcome to the Azure Application Insights UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for all aspects of Application Insights such as our SDKs, Web tests, Analytics, etc. We look forward to hearing from you!

The Application Insights team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automate creation of shared queries

Support creation of shared queries through ARM template. This will enable devOps teams to script the shared queries and propagate them among environments.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for client side tracking of AMP pages

Application Insights is missing from already implemented vendors for amp-analytics tracking:

https://amp.dev/documentation/guides-and-tutorials/optimize-and-measure/configure-analytics/analytics-vendors/?format=websites#vendors

There is even no clear documentation about how to send tracking data with self constructed https call.

This makes it impossible to currently use App Insights tracking on AMP pages.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Migrate existing data from one instrument key to another

In order to preserve existing data it would be nice to be able to migrate data from one instrument key to another. We have production data that was being logged to an incorrect key in our production environment. It was being logged under QA and it would be nice to be able to put this existing data in correct bucket of production after it was logged.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback and its now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

4. hide a node in ApplicationMap

Please can we have the ability to hide a node from the map?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Render GANTT charts

Adding ability to render GANTT charts to visualize data. This will be extremely helpful to see if there are any race conditions in my code. Can easily identify concurrent requests to a shared resource.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sort sample operations by duration

Currently sample operations are only sorted by Relevance or Date. I often want to investigate long running operations. But since I can't order them by Duration I have to manually scroll through and pick these out.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

7. 401 is not a "Failed Request"!

Please provide a way to exclude 401 response codes from the Failed Request category. They are a normal part of the authentication process and clutter up the reporting. Particularly bad for our use case, because when you look at the failure detail breakdown, it only shows the "top 3 failure codes", which for us are 404, 401, and 400. This effectively hides the most important ones, the 500 responses. These are the only ones we care about! I can't find a way to see more than the top 3, without setting up filter, manually, each time I go to view…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Select what components to show in application map.

Some kind of filter for the components to show. May be a dropdown with all the components with a checkbox to select what to show.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can we have line breaks allowed? The query will be more readable that way.

It is really painful to write a query and go to edit it in Kusto. Could you guys allow line breaks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Formatted Copy/Paste from results grid

I'd really like to copy-paste cells out of the result table, into a problem ticket or a wiki page.

Of course you don't stop Ctrl+C copy, but what comes out is just a bunch of run-together text, not an HTML table. Can you improve this experience?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Calls to Remote Dependencies | Names are not useful

it shows TYPE, DEPENDENCY, DURATION, SUCCESS.

It's cool, but for me DEPENDENCY is the name my remote sql server, and if i go 10 times for different reasons I get 10 items with the same name, and I have to click each of them to see what the command is.

My idea is that at least, when the blade is maximized show the ACTUAL "Dependency name" property, which in my case is SQL: [MYSCHEMA].[MYPROCEDURE]

I have no idea why this is not shown by default, or at least no way to configure it.

Cheers

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Application Insights save render barchart as image through API

I would like a functionality similar than logparser outout CHART: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/scriptcenter/dd919274.aspx

I would like to programmatically run a App Insights query (with a render barchart) to get a graph, and be able to save it as an image.

Right now we have to build many reports in word files, so we have to manually run the query, take a screenshot and copy&paste it to a word file. It would be great if we can automate all the process.

Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Save filtering on the Failures page

It would be great if I could save a filter on the "Failures" page. At the moment I always filter on "Response code = 500". It would be great if I could just choose a saved filter like it is possible in the "Query explorer".

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. From End-to-end transaction details a developer should be able to create the request graph, kind of sequence diagram.

From End-to-end transaction details a developer should be able to create the request graph, kind of sequence diagram. Basically from app insight it should create a dependency grpah and call graph. in the proper sequence the way calls are going.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback and its now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

15. Add ability to filter end-to-end transaction view

Add the ability to filter in the end-to-end transaction view. The transaction may include a lot of dependencies and other requests in such a way that the view becomes hard to read. It would be nice to be able to exclude dependencies of a certain type, or only show queues for a specific message type, for example. Or maybe exclude calls with duration less than 100ms.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

16. change funnel steps names

Add the capability to change and save to a more friendly name in the funnel step to substitute the event name.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

17. Allow users to filter application map to exclude HTTP 404 errors

The application map often shows red if there are lots of 404s in the app. However, most of the time, these are crawlers/bots hitting random pages on the site. It would be nice to have the option to exclude these on this page. We can filter them out in the Failures chart, but not the application map.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

18. Export Failure Info from Azure Portal

A helpful feature would be the ability to save or export all individual failure information from Azure Portal. Specifically Exceptions and Exception Properties from End-to-End transaction details. Something that would be a step further than the "copy to clipboard" option currently available. Maybe copy all to clipboard in JSON format?

We are starting to find if we need to troubleshoot an item and need to pass the information to another developer/support person a screenshot or copy & paste of a single item is not sufficient. We also cannot provide a link to the Azure Portal because of access restrictions for…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support for versioned queries in Analytics Explorer

It would be awesome if Analytics Explorer could load queries from source control.

Queries saved in Analytics Explorer itself (under "my queries" or "shared queries") are not versioned. Nor is there any rollback facility.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How to enable Application Insights for all page of Dynamics 365

Hi,
    By using below link we can enable Application Insights for single page.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/application-insights/app-insights-sample-mscrm

How to enable it for all pages in Dynamics 365.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base