Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Monitor-Application Insights

Welcome to the Azure Application Insights UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for all aspects of Application Insights such as our SDKs, Web tests, Analytics, etc. We look forward to hearing from you!

The Application Insights team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Increase the request limit of log analytics API

Currently, Each AAD user is able to make up to 200 requests per 30 seconds. We need to increase this limit according to our requirement

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback and its now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

2. Exception stack trace deep links in log entries to open solution & focus on referenced lines of code

While logging exception stack traces with line numbers (for debug builds), include deep links to each of the referenced lines of code. The deep link should open Visual Studio (or VS Code), open the appropriate solution, open the file containing the referenced line, and set focus to that line. Display the exception stack trace where appropriate in VS.

These links should appear in Live Metrics, in the Sample Telemetry panel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visual Studio integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback and its now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

3. Add tag/alias for the nodes in the application map

To be able to put alias or tag to the nodes in the application map.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Service monitoring and diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

4. instances splitting

When there are more instances they will stack (2) in the service map over view. is there a way to filter by jusy one instance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5. It would better if we have a Desktop tool for this

It is really hard to drill down or check the Application map with mutiple cloud roles.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6. Provide better integration with other azure dashboard

The failure and availability dashboards of Application Insight can be pinned into an already existing azure dashboard (with app service plan cpu & memory data for example). But the problems are that when I travel the timeline in this kind of charts, all of them mark the same momet of time (they are synchronized), but application insight failure and availability charts are not part of that. Also, when I pin a application insight dashboard, it has it's own period and it doesn't follow the fillter applied to the standard monitoring charts (lets say I what to set last 24 hours…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Metrics & charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7. Provide a scale-independent rate aggregation

It's really frustrating that when charting metrics, the Y axis counts events per division so that changing the visible range (x axis) rescales the Y axis. Can we have a chart type/aggregation that understands rates please? For example if I am logging request events, I want to be able to plot requests/per second regardless of whether I'm looking at the last hours data or the last weeks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Let me choose the operation id, also navgate further out (parent operation)

When i enter the performance view, I want to go to the parent operation, or child operations

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profiler  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9. In the present toggle button UI, in dark theme i cannot differentiate between the option i have chosen and the option i want to toggle to.

In the present toggle button UI, in dark theme i cannot differentiate between the option i have chosen and the option i want to toggle to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Status Monitor V2 SDK Configuration

As of v1.0, Status Monitor v2 does not expose the SDK configuration file for advanced customization.

We are working on this and I'm opening this issue to track specific customer requests.

Endpoint (Connection String). This is required for Azure Government Monitoring.
    LiveMetrics secure API Key
    Sampling
    Custom telemetryInitializers/Modules (#379)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Service monitoring and diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11. jason.copsey@nielsen.com

In application insights/ application map, please allow me to make the dependencies case insensitive.

the map is good but currently we see multiple dependencies on:
    SERVER.DBNAME
    Server.DBName
    server.dbname
    ... etc.

a little button to ignore case would allow us to highlight actual naming inconsistencies while we get our casing policies in place.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Retain data for specific period of time (over the retention policies)

Hi, is it possible to mantain data from a specific ammount of time out of our retention policy?

We want to be able to store the data from important days like black friday.

Thanks and regards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

13. Is there a way (or a future plan) to add a differentiation between Ok/Ko alerts and to send this to our email addreses?

Hi,

We have configured some alerts to some of our applications in Application Insights, and when they raise, we get an email about them with the data in the moment where the problem has begun.

Is there a future plan (or a way) that when this condition for the alert raised not longer applies, Application Insights sends an email with an OK to let us know the problem is solved?

Also, is there a way to customize the emails sent (body or subject)?

Thanks and regards,

Elías Montes Pombar

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. App Insights Metrics can't show custom metrics

Metrics chart fails with error 'Error retrieving data' when using special characters (parenthesis) in custom dimensions, removing the special character renders the graph. Need the ability to render the graphs using custom characters for dimension values/filters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show requester's IP Address on failure

Currently I have thousands of unknown requests being made to the end point "/" on my app, which doesn't exist. I have no idea where this is coming from and I cannot get any information from App Insights to drill into this further.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out, please see if the below documentation helps. If it doesn’t fit your scenario, please share your feedback and it will be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/app/ip-collection#storing-ip-address-data

16. Add support for custom E-Mail Alerts

In Azure Monitor and for example Recovery Service Vaults, there are only pre-made E-Mail Alerts possible.

It would be nice to customize the E-Mail Templates please add that Option

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. reverse dns domain as part of the user information

A key information about the requests for us is a categorization of the requesting IP address. For example the IP address 19?.??1.2??.4 can be resolved to a single host name fw1.h???-??t.de. This implies that the requesting user is from the company owning the domain h???-??t.de. It would be great to have that domain name in application insights to see what other companies are browsing our web page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usage Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18. App monitoring -Should check CPU Memory for all single and all nodes in single graph--Like AWS CW

For example--

In a single graph we have to check all app server engine health, CPU and memory usage for all type of service ,

Example -- Web server has 4 nodes , we should add them into single graph and app server has 6 node......like wise

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. make the urls case insensitive

I have some users hitting my site with Site.html, and others with site.html, and the performance shows these as two different URLs, and two different metrics, when they're really the same thing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback, we have some documentation referring to this scenario.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/app/data-model-request-telemetry#name

However if there is further feedback from you please share it and we will have your feedback open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

20. Create an easy way of going back to the search criteria and rerunning the search

Create an easy way of going back to the search criteria and rerunning the search

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base