Azure Monitor-Application Insights

Welcome to the Azure Application Insights UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for all aspects of Application Insights such as our SDKs, Web tests, Analytics, etc. We look forward to hearing from you!

The Application Insights team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. region by month

Regions by month

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you please elaborate on the scenario and ask you have. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

2. Application Insights - All resources that are reporting to space

It will be very handy if we can see all the resources that are reporting to AI space in one place.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valuable feedback. It would be great you could elaborate on the scenario you are trying to achieve. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

3. DBMS name to be configured in the Application Insights Configuration

DBMS: The connect string is configured in the portal.azure.net in the Application Insights, that gives me a unique id for me to copy and paste in scm.azurewebsites.net . There by I get that one word string to be used in @ scm.azurewebsites.net for me to connect to DBMS which is a unique connection string encrypted that is only accessible from azurewebsites.net and my development environment by using SID and Application ID data web application, It is just like InstrumentionID, Application Key ID etc.,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your valuable feedback, could you please help provide additional details about the scenario you are trying to achieve so we better understand the requirement and this would also help the user community to upvote & comment on. This also allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

4. 10K record limit in Analytics.

I am collecting Analytics data by using Continuous Export. The problem I am running into is the 10K record limit in Analytics to run queries against. I need to be able to query at least a months worth at a time.
    Do you have tools other than Analytics to work with larger files? Is there a tool that can parse the log files better?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Could we get some more information about what exactly the request is here?

The 10,000 row limit only applies to the amount of data returned by a query – the query still runs over the entire dataset within App Insights. There’s usually some data aggregation that you are looking for, not the raw data itself, and for that you can be using operators. If it’s looking through distinct values or counts thereof, there’s the summarize operator; if it’s filtering down to a particular value of a particular field – there’s “where”; etc. Do note that all these aggregations, filters, etc work across as big a dataset as you throw at them: it is only the final result set where you’re limited to the 10k rows.

If this doesn’t help with your query let us know more specifics as to what you are trying to achieve.

Cheers,
    Morgan

5. There needs to be a low-latency log display or API

Like all telemetry, logging currently arrives in the form of searchable data only after a significant lag.

That makes the logging unusable for debugging purposes, which is one of the most important use cases for logging.

There needs to be a way to either view incoming log entries in near real-time or there needs to be an API to get at them at near real time.

Alternatively, it should be possible to redirect the events to a message or even queue in near real time.

At the moment, one has to send logging from one's application twice: once to app…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Service monitoring and diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please provide documentation

There is need for a good reference documentation (like normal MSDN documentation on the MSDN site), as well as "user guide" documentation and architectural documentation with whitepapers and elaborations on the different ways the framework can be used under different circumstances. For example how to use it in complex solutions with man different systems and platforms involved with different development, testing and production environment, integration with VisualStudio.com and so on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Boutton share on error viewer to send links

Boutton share on error viewer to send links

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)