Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Monitor-Application Insights

Welcome to the Azure Application Insights UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for all aspects of Application Insights such as our SDKs, Web tests, Analytics, etc. We look forward to hearing from you!

The Application Insights team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set different retention by Severity Level

We would like to set different retention by severity level (verbose, info, warn, ...).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for logical operator (OR AND) for content matching in Availability Test

I need to monitor an app, it returns the multiple status. I need to pass the test, in case of few status like (Running, Success), but now I can add only one string in content match. Can we add the multiple content with the logical operators.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Availability Testing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. URL column on the Availability Test table

to show the URL value of the URL Ping Test on the dashboard of Availability or a URL column on the Availability test table to show the URLs of the test

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. URL column on the Availability Test table

to show the URL value of the URL Ping Test on the dashboard of Availability or a URL column on the Availability test table to show the URLs of the test

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. URL column on the Availability Test table

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stop duplication in function app insights log

When using a browser to reach the Azure portal to view the real-time insight logs for a function app many rows are duplicated.

Please note the duplications in the attached log. The App is a singleton, there are no other processes conflicting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Metrics & charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Live metrics filter save

Save and share live metrics filters for monitoring team

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Blob Storage Operation Names In End-to-end transaction Details Telemetry

Currently, all blob storage operations look the same (screen shot attached) when viewing end-to-end transaction details. Differentiating API operations is either tedious or presumptuous. Each event should be clearly labeled with it's operation type. List of API operations below.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/storageservices/blob-service-rest-api

In the screenshot attached, you'll see 2 events. One is the creating a container if it doesn't exist ("await container.CreateIfNotExistsAsync()") and the second is uploading the blob. Without that explanation, there is not an intuitive way understand what the application was trying to do, and if the failure was critical or benign.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow persistent custom placement of nodes

Drag App Insights map nodes around, and they stay where you dragged them. Allow a human to clean up the mess that the generated chart makes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Go back to classic mode in Azure App Insights funnels

There are currently two ways to work in Funnels:

1) default
    2) classic

I am currently working with Microsoft Bot Framework, the classic tool is much better than the default one.

1) visually it is better
    2) In each step you can use filter groups.
    3) When you need to take the data of a step and see who stayed in the previous step, classic works correctly and default fails many times.

It seems to me that the classic mode is much better and obviously you wanted to update it, but this one presents too many problems, having two modes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add support for logging full console error

Currently there is no way i can see which Microsoft has providing to adding full console error in application insight. The java script SDK only logging java script exception and ajax call error. If any images or css failed to load and which is third party then its not capturing in application insight.
    It will be great if Microsoft provides functionality to add full console errors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Application Insights Link with existing Log Analytics Workspace

When activating Application Insights give option to use an existing Log Analytics Workspace, right now activating App Insights for a function app for me at least links a workspace from another resource group, not sure based on what rules this is done.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Service monitoring and diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add smaller time range options, such as 10 minutes

I'm a developer, i test my azure hosted service by sending a request and then check application insights for the logs.

The minimum time range is 30 minutes, please add a 10 minutes option or a time field text box as the custom filter is overcomplicated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add support to save and reuse filters in transaction search in application insights?

During transaction search, every time we get blank search box with default search tools. Can we create custom search templates, where i can predefine my filters and save it. Next time, we can just change the search text and filters would automatically come into effect. this saves a lot of time and resources

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Include toggle button to include/exclude 4XX errors for application map on dashboard

The application map blade from application insights blade has an option to switch exclude 4xx errors from failure rates. However, the application map pined on the dashboard doesn’t have such option and the map presented has the option set to “On” by default. We should add a toggle button on the dashboard as well or at least let user select which view is pinned on the dashboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add auto-update to errors in Failures for tracking of sev1 status.

Please add auto-update to errors in Failures for tracking of sev1 status.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enabled code-less sampling settings

Make it possible to change sampling settings when using code-less insight. Today you can't change the adaptive sampling or exclude parts from sampling.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Hide Availability Results

When I'm working with a large number of tests, the availability graph is taking up valuable real-estate. It would be nice to hide the graph or collapse that section so I can focus on the list of tests..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. teams alert

Customize email alert to Teams

We tries to migrate alerts sent to webhook slack to Teams. It would be great to have a feature like customize the email with placeholders for Title alert content. So In Teams we could see immediatly the content without opening the html email in the channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Service monitoring and diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Perfomance chart display optimization

It should be good to be able to :
    - display the performance chart in full screen
    - change the scale of the "operation time" to be logarithm scale.

The issue is that today, if I take a 30 days views, and I have one call which take very long (for example 30 s) all over call which take between 20ms to 1 s look the same (all at the very bottom of the graph). A quick way to exclude some calls could be good too... If I exclude the request which take 30 seconds, other request will have more…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 42 43
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base