Azure Monitor-Application Insights

Welcome to the Azure Application Insights UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for all aspects of Application Insights such as our SDKs, Web tests, Analytics, etc. We look forward to hearing from you!

The Application Insights team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to set a custom time period with local time daylight saving accounted for

When setting a custom time in the Portal> App Insights> Search area, the Start Time and End Time are not truly local time with Daylight saving applied.

Searching between 8am and 8:05am local time should return results for 8am-8:05am local time, however, it actually returns 9am-9:05am as this is daylight saving time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Metrics & charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Group external dependencies by type

Have a switch on the map that lets you group external dependencies by type and not just by name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Does Application Insights support OpenLiberty Platform?

I am using openLiberty platform for my application. I have done all the necessary changes required for application Insights . Adding Dependency, applicationInsights.xml file. Still Application Map is not loading.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.Wcf is recommended in a blog from 2016. This product works well in our testing. It appears to be pre-release

I am wondering why Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.Wcf is not on the Nuget.org source yet. This is causing concerns with our dev team over usage of the libraries in our applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Detect abnormal increases in time spent on queues

If a service is not keeping up with its queue or service is not running this might be shown by messages sitting on queues for longer periods of time. Would this be something that can be monitored

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Smart Detection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. allow to choose if 40x range of http repsonses is really a failure/error.

Currently our application insights dashboard thinks all 40x type http responses are failed requests.

We run a lot of APIs and a 404 in our case is a valid/correct response.

I know this is topic is debated across the internet - and there is an argument against returning 404s like we do - however it would be good to be able to configure Application Insights so that we can say what class of https responses are failures/errors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. allow to choose if 40x range of http repsonses is really a failure/error.

Currently our application insights dashboard thinks all 40x type http responses are failed requests.

We run a lot of APIs and a 404 in our case is a valid/correct response.

I know this is topic is debated across the internet - and there is an argument against returning 404s like we do - however it would be good to be able to configure Application Insights so that we can say what class of https responses are failures/errors.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to see the referrer of a failed request in the app insights. "Who was asking?"

Include the referrer of requests in Insights
    so I can see where erronous requests are coming from.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. End-to-end transaction view for arbitrary operation IDs

Instead of only being able to open the end-to-end transaction view for a operations that failed, from the failures blade, be able to open the view directly and enter the operation ID you wish to view.

This would allow us to use the end-to-end transaction view on operations that are not failures but are of interest to the DevOps team. For example, operations found via a custom log query.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How to download live net tv 4.7 apk for android 2020

I just bought a samsung galaxy S20 phone and want to download an application that features both live viewing and the latest movies available today. i found the live net tv app at https://techbigs.com/live-net-tv.html to be very good but i don't know how to download it since it is not available on google play. Has anyone used this app let me know how to download it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3rd party product monitoring

how to monitor 3rd party products purchased from vendors?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Service monitoring and diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Time Format in Local Format and 24-hours

Old Search showed results in my local datetime-format (which is dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm). The new Transaction-Search now showes date in default american-format (which is MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm AM/PM).

Please change it back because it is quite error-prone to always keep that 12-hour format in mind or maybe give an option to set it somewhere.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Smart Detection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. App Insights Java SDK: Not seeing MDC values flow into customDimensions when using the App Insights Java Agent

Key Value pairs set in the Mapped Diagnostic Context (MDC) are not appearing in customDimensions when using Application Insights Java Agent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Codeless attach Application Insights integration for Web App for Containers

Is there any road map to support this feature in the near future? I think it is very important to have this feature as in Windows/Linux Web Apps

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Annotations in SDK

Its very helpful to raise annotations from SDK on application start / end, in order to detect multiple restarts or track when exactly the performance changes happened.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Search box in application map feature

It would be great to see a search box in application map feature useful in case of very complex application with many components

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add support for managed identity endpoints

Currently request to get MI tokens look like request to localhost/127.0.0.1 endpoint. It could be automatically detected by AI as endpoints are configured in App Service configuration and could be retrieved by AI. Then they can be displayed accordingly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Service monitoring and diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base