Azure Monitor-Application Insights

Welcome to the Azure Application Insights UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for all aspects of Application Insights such as our SDKs, Web tests, Analytics, etc. We look forward to hearing from you!

The Application Insights team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Log blocking function at Application insights side

Application Insights uses the Application Insights Instrumentation Key to freely collect logs for different subscriptions and environments.
    At the same time, unnecessary logs may be uploaded if the Application Insights Instrumentation Key is known.

Therefore, it is necessary for Application Insights to have a function to identify the resources to which logs are to be transferred and to block those resources that are not required for monitoring.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure Function Logs -> Live app metrics should display data for that AF only by default

Currently, if you're looking at an Azure Function's logs and you click on the "live app metrics" link on top you're taken to a (complicated and seemingly impossible to filter) view of ALL currently running app's logs in real time.

I'm proposing that view to be filtered to show only the currently selected AF's logs by default (and to make it easy to switch to see the metrics in all of the current app's AFs or any other AF within the same app).

Making it easy to switch to another app would be a plus.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Metrics & charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Smart Detection customizable/configurable

Our team would like to filter out/ stop Smart Detection of certain requests. We regularly get emails for "Abnormal rise in failure request rates", and would like to be able to exclude requests that have certain parameters from this smart detection (for example, if the request has a certain parameter in the URL or a specific header, don't count it towards the alert).

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Smart Detection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

4. Multi-resource Alerts for AppInsights

For customers that have already created many AppInsight resources having to manually create alerts on each resource is tedious and time consuming. It also doesn't guarantee that the AppInsight Resource Alerts are all configured.

Need a way to enforce alert uniformity across AppInsight resources. regardless of if they are already existing resources or newly created.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to set cloud role name with codeless solutions

SychevIgor has requested the ability to set cloud role name with codeless solutions:
    https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/48326

This is something that we've discussed in the past here:
    https://github.com/microsoft/ApplicationInsights-Home/issues/326

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Metrics & charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Application Insights After a search the message that come are incomplete I need to click to see the entire message

Application Insights
    When you search something the result are displayed incomplete I need always to click on the search field to see the entire message

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add metric namespace property to customMetrics table

Metric namespace is available to filer by when building a chart on Metrics blade. However, there is no way to query or filter by metric namespace when querying customMetrics table in Log Analytics.

Is it possible to add metric namespace property to customMetrics table?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Record and replay live stream

would be nice if we can record the live stream to replay at a later stage

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Usage Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export Saved Queries

It would be nice to be able to export somehow my Saved and Shared Kusto queries - and be able to reuse them in another Application Insights instance

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Azure Dashboard charts are limited to 30 Days

We want to prepare dashboard which query application insight data for more than 30 days and currently that is not possible. Dashboard custom date selection should fetch application insight data which is beyond 30 days.
    Also, it gets override if you keep the timestamp in query itself.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

11. Raise the 500,000 row limit on the Azure Log Analytics REST API

https://dev.loganalytics.io/documentation/Using-the-API/Limits currently lists 500,000 as the limit in the number of rows a query can return. It would be helpful if we could raise this limit to make it easier to create PowerBI dashboards which slice and dice historical data, where in aggregate the raw data exceeds 500k rows. In practice this allows the dashboards to look further back in time.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

12. Set custom role names for APIM

You should be able to pull the role name from API Management service.

Simply set an Azure tag on the resource ai.cloudrole and if it exists, use that instead of the auto generated name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Rename a tile on the Dashboard

Allow the user to Change the Name / Title of a pinned Widget on the Dashboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. instances splitting

When there are more instances they will stack (2) in the service map over view. is there a way to filter by jusy one instance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would better if we have a Desktop tool for this

It is really hard to drill down or check the Application map with mutiple cloud roles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide better integration with other azure dashboard

The failure and availability dashboards of Application Insight can be pinned into an already existing azure dashboard (with app service plan cpu & memory data for example). But the problems are that when I travel the timeline in this kind of charts, all of them mark the same momet of time (they are synchronized), but application insight failure and availability charts are not part of that. Also, when I pin a application insight dashboard, it has it's own period and it doesn't follow the fillter applied to the standard monitoring charts (lets say I what to set last 24 hours…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide a scale-independent rate aggregation

It's really frustrating that when charting metrics, the Y axis counts events per division so that changing the visible range (x axis) rescales the Y axis. Can we have a chart type/aggregation that understands rates please? For example if I am logging request events, I want to be able to plot requests/per second regardless of whether I'm looking at the last hours data or the last weeks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add BGP Community for api.applicationinsights.io

Currently, there's no way to route Application Insights traffic over ExpressRoute without enabling routing for the entire region.

Other services, like Exchange Online and SharePoint Online, have BGP communities set up. There are even BGP communities for SQL, Cosmos DB, and storage. However, one does not exist for Application Insights:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/expressroute/expressroute-routing

There should be a community specifically for Application Insights, especially if we want to make it the ubiquitous tool for monitoring in the Enterprise.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Let me choose the operation id, also navgate further out (parent operation)

When i enter the performance view, I want to go to the parent operation, or child operations

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profiler  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. In the present toggle button UI, in dark theme i cannot differentiate between the option i have chosen and the option i want to toggle to.

In the present toggle button UI, in dark theme i cannot differentiate between the option i have chosen and the option i want to toggle to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback and its now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base