Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Monitor-Application Insights

Welcome to the Azure Application Insights UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for all aspects of Application Insights such as our SDKs, Web tests, Analytics, etc. We look forward to hearing from you!

The Application Insights team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Metrics & charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. display of pinned query limit 7 days

it appears that when pinning a query to a dashboard, the graph display is limited to only 7 days regardless of the underlying query.

is this possibly a bug in the display, held over from when there was only 7days of stored data? now that we have a 30 day timeframe for data, it would be good to see that in pinned graphs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. automatically enable requests tracking for Mobile Services

LIve metrics don't work for mobile services. I want the live tracking also on the mobile services so I have my heads up display that can show me real time usage of the backend

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow custom metrics to be specified as TimeSpans so they use the same chart display as PageLoad & Dependency Durations.

Some of the built-in AI event types (PageLoad, Dependency) have Duration metrics which are treated as TimeSpans and the charting tools support appropriate scaling when displaying aggregations of those values (e.g. hours, days, etc).

But at present all metrics in CustomEvents are simply defined as doubles without associated metadata, so there is no way to specify when one represents a TimeSpan and should be displayed as such.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow custom event data to be configured as charts just like the default metrics.

I am recording data in custom events e.g.; duration an operation execution. I need a chart to see on an average how much an operation takes to execute across users/sessions/geography etc. I see no way to configure a chart based on my custom event data that can give me counts/average etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Metrics & charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A way to tell App insights that service is server-side only

Our app is server-side only yet we get prompted for PageLoad time graphs and Applicatoin Map client side configurations etc, Many graphs will never show data.

If I can teach App insights that there will never be any client side info it would be great if the UI adapted and did not make it seem like I am not using all app insights features.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Metrics & charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Lower granularity when in Full Screen

In the Azure portal allow metric explorer with a lower granularity when making the 'blade' full screen (double clicking the top bar).
    Eg. by default 24 hour view has a 1 hour granularity. By making the blade full screen it will have a 10 minute granularity.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Regional Formatting of dates incorrect - Please fix

I have my regional format set to UK and yet dates are formatted MM/dd/YYYY, should be dd/MM/YYYY

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Metrics & charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Filter by ROLE in DevOps widget

The DevOps widgets display metrics for all roles. Ability to configure the dashboard widget to only display data which is filtered on 1 or multiple ROLES.
    This is requested because we push both QA and PROD data to AppInsights with different roles, and only want to display PROD metrics on the dashboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add the ability to split dependencies based on the steps inside the traces

Support the ability to qualify / bucket a dependency / span trace based on the the names of the inner dependencies / spans.

We have a program that sends dependencies to AI via OpenCensus spans. The program has a long path and a short path. The longer path is an order of magnitude loger in time that the snorter path.

[1[2,3,4]] and [1[2,3,4,5,6]]

We want to profile both the short path and the long path. Today they are are all statistically mixed because the outer span name is the same. We can't set the outer dependency/span name prior to entering…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow

Allow directly applying the search interval (30min/1hr/3days/7days/etc) by clicking on radio button instead of also having to then click on the Apply button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Even under heavy sampling, 1 message per hour of each types of table should passes sampling.

Customer may have different functions in one function app, and they will need different sampling rate for different functions. We should add such feature in the future that gurantees certain function's log will be keeped.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show Network in/out in Application map

Next to the number of calls to each dependency, in and out network traffic would be very useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. horizontal app map

Application map 'Hierarchy view' could use a 'horizontal' alignment option, to better utilize my horizontal screen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to configure application map dependency items

I would love to have ability to configure dependency names and create new ones.
    For instance if i have call into APIM it will show as single dependency but usually it would have multiple services under it.

I would love to have ability to configure if urls is https://blabla.com/service1 => Service1, so then in my application app i wish to see Service 1, Service 2 and so on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add support for setting name of dashboard widget once added

Currently there's no way to change the name of the AI widget once added to a dashboard. With multiple AI widgets this makes it very very difficult to use propertly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. application map draggable elements

make the elements in the application map draggable

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add filter in Application Map to search apps

Add filter in Application Map to search apps quickly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base