Azure Monitor-Application Insights

Welcome to the Azure Application Insights UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for all aspects of Application Insights such as our SDKs, Web tests, Analytics, etc. We look forward to hearing from you!

The Application Insights team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic refresh and configurable refresh interval

Introduce a dashboard setting to allow configuring a refresh interval, similar to the concept in Kibana, e.g.

https://s33.postimg.cc/4dy7qrbhb/refresh-interval.png

At the configured interval, all tiles on a dashboard should refresh their sources and update accordingly

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Metrics & charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove custom events

Please let us remove some events.

The event javascript is a bit confusiong, so for example, i added a trackEvent("timezone", "Europe/Lisbon") , and what happened is that, the event timezone value for that event is split into an array of values like E, U,R,O,P,E,/,L,I,S,B,O,N , creating in the filter the prop E, U, r, and so on... Only after a bit of searching i realized i had to something more like trackEvent("account stats", {timezone:timezone}) and so on.. but now my filters are a bit polluted with wrong event data and need to remove that.

Also for the metrics explore, i…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Metrics & charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add Release Annotations to the Performance/Failures views

Would be great if you could see Release Annotations from Dependencies as well.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Graphing and alerting on the execution time per operation

We're currently submitting "Operation Excecution Time" as a custom metrics per operation as it is currently not possible to either chart or create alerts on the individual operations execution time.

This leads to an unhealth amount of "Custom Metrics" in large scale deployments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow submitting of a group tag to each custom metric

Currently all custom traced metrics are grouped under "Custom Metrics", this is not ideal when we're crossing 100s metrics. there should be a way to attach a group tag to each metric.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The preview-map needs more functionality like filtering on role or operation, as well as grouping/hiding of dependencies

In large scale deployments with multiple operations, roles and dependencies the current preview-map is rendered useless as long as filtering, grouping and so forth is not enabled. It should for example be possible to select a specific role to view all its sub operations and/or dependencies.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The new map experience since has been updated with better grouping of dependencies and the ability to click on any component and see the details of the dependencies/and operations in the performance and failure triage experiences, as well as overall KPI in the right side pane (for groups).

How is this working (or not) for you. We greatly appreciate your feedback and help with improving our product.

Thanks,
    Soubhagya Dash
    7/11/2018

8. add 'x minute average' to live metrics stream cpu graph

add 'x minute average' to live metrics stream cpu graph

Given that cpu% is a common scaling criteria, it would be useful if the 'overall health' section showed a x minute average running total,
    so that we can monitor how close to scaling up/down the instance is.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add ability to track time as a user goes from URL to another in a funnel

Retention is great, but it would be better if there was a time component to understand how long people stay on a URL

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pinning the Application Map on Azure Dashboard

Pinning the Application Map on Azure Dashboard

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. sql

we need better sql tracking. Something like #1 and #13 in this document.

https://stackify.com/microsoft-application-insights-alternative/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove web related metrics

My current application is not a web application but it uses the ApplicationInsights for custom events, messages and metric.

I don't want to see all (default) web related metrics for users, sessions, web requests, views, load time,...and so on.

For example the ApplicationInsights Azure portal overview pane and live streams show lots of empty charts (including the Weekly Application Insights digest email as well) and tables because my app lacks these web related metrics and doesn't have this data.

I would like to remove/hidethem and put my custom events and metrics instead.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support charts with more decimals (+Y-Axis auto scaling)

I really like the Azure ApplicationInsight charts, but I would like to see charts with autoscaling (y-axis) for my floating point custom metrics.

For instance I have lots of floating point values like 10.2345678 with a change of ~0.00001 and the charts only shows 10.23, 10.23, 10.23 and so on...

I would love to see more detail here!

Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Set an alert threshold from a live metrics stream graph

While watching a live metrics stream, i noticed that i had a high error rate. It would be nice if there was a way to from a graph create an alert if the thing plotted crossed some threshold (failures per second was what i was looking at when i had this thought)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add average session length to session information.

Average session duration would give a much better picture of usage and aid in calculations for load testing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "Request duration" should be a default column in the Live Metrics Server table

The "Live Metrics" page contains a overview table "Servers". In this table the column "Request duration" should be selected by default, or your preferences should be stored in a cookie etc, so you don't have to configure this table every time you load the page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would it be possible to view custom events on the live metrics stream?

No idea how you would do this but it would be pretty amazing if you could view custom metrics on the application insights live metrics stream!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Drag the components

The components should be movable when viewing the Application map in Azure portal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "Total of Server Requests by Request Performance" should be ordered by Request Performance

The second default graph on the Overview page for my ASP.NET web application is "Total of Server Requests by Request Performance".

The data in the chart is currently sorted by request performance. To understand this chart currently, I have to read down the "Request performance" column and think about the duration that each of those rows represents, and whether that's acceptable or not. I can't tell anything "at a glance".

If the chart was instead sorted by the request, I could glance at the "shape" of the chart, and see that most requests are acceptable (<250ms) but some are in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base