Application Insights

Welcome to the Azure Application Insights UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for all aspects of Application Insights such as our SDKs, Web tests, Analytics, etc. We look forward to hearing from you!

The Application Insights team

How can we improve Application Insights?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add SnapshotDebugger Support to Azure AppService WebJobs

Application Insights Snapshot Debugging (with Snappoints, Logpoints, etc.) does not support Azure AppService WebJobs. This is documented at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/application-insights/app-insights-snapshot-debugger.

The idea (a challenge) is to add Live Snapshot Debugging support to WebJobs. My guess is Live Snapshot Debugging works with HTTP pipelines via some IIS Snap-In (or the design equivalent).

For WebJobs, I suggest looking at the WebJobsSDK and perhaps leveraging some sort of Dependency Injection in combination with Triggers (ServiceBus Triggers, EventHub Triggers, etc.) such that an "in debug" inbound message can be forked into a the Debuged-Process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Snapshot Debugger  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Enable Snapshot Debugger for Windows Desktop Apps (WPF/UWP/FORMS)

Customers want a single location to do logging, analytics and telemetry. We need better support for Windows Desktop Apps in Application Insights. This includes adding the Snapshot Debugger.

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Snapshot Debugger  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base