Application Insights

Welcome to the Azure Application Insights UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for all aspects of Application Insights such as our SDKs, Web tests, Analytics, etc. We look forward to hearing from you!

The Application Insights team

How can we improve Application Insights?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create AI VSTS widget that supports Analytics queries

Create a VSTS widget that supports Analytics queries. Being able to use Analytics Queries would be really useful. With AIQL, you can create widgets that are targeted, meaningful, and specific to the team.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • App Insight integration with Azure Key Vault

It would be great to have a tight integration of App Insight with Azure Key Vault so that it allows App Insight able to fetch credentials directly from Key Vault during run time to run the availability web tests. We don't want to hard code anything in web tests to connect to Key Vault but rather it should be able to connect and fetch required credentials from Vault and run the web tests.

7 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Shorten package path names

To use the ApplicationsInsights.Web package in its current form, the solution must support the following path:

\packages\Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.WindowsServer.TelemetryChannel.2.4.0\lib\net45\Microsoft.AI.ServerTelemetryChannel.dll

This takes up 126 characters of the 260 allowed. This path is too long for our environment and Nuget fails. Is it possible to shorten package names?

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• How to integrate application insight with Azure Active Directory B2C Built-In-Policy

Need an option in B2C Built-in-policy to collect B2C log in Application Insight.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Application Insights VSTS widget chart should fill in missing days in the chart with a value of 0.

When I add the Application Insights widgets to my TFS dashboard, I am able to connect to my data just fine, but when there is no data for a day, the line does not go back to zero for that day, it just goes to the value for the next day with a value. I would like to have each day within the date range have a value of zero when there is no data for that date.

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• We need OOB component to monitor or track the downloaded documents of any library on SharePoint Online Sitecollection (Content Viewing)

Regarding to integration between Application Insight and SharePoint Online, Is there anything out of box to monitor or track the downloaded or uploaded documents of any library of any SharePoint online site collection as page views, user sessions, exceptions.

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't allow Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.NLogTarget to be installed on .NET 4.0

`Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.NLogTarget` requires `Microsoft.ApplicationInsights`, but when I add the NuGet package `Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.NLogTarget` on a project that targets .NET 4.0, it installs fine, but doesn't install `Microsoft.ApplicationInsights`. Trying to manually add `Microsoft.ApplicationInsights` results in an error since it requires .NET 4.5. I think `Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.NLogTarget` needs to block installation on .NET 4.0 unless there is something I'm totally missing.

Also, if there is a better place to file bugs, please advise.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Please add "View full value" functionality for the Release Properties. Can't see long values.

Please add "View full value" functionality for the Release Properties values. It is an issue for long text i.e. release notes. (Hints show full value)

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base