Application Insights

Welcome to the Azure Application Insights UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for all aspects of Application Insights such as our SDKs, Web tests, Analytics, etc. We look forward to hearing from you!

The Application Insights team

How can we improve Application Insights?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add ARM template support for continuous export

We can configure continuous export through PowerShell, but there is no way to do this through ARM templates currently. This would be very helpful.

I use ARM templates to declare the desired state of my resource group. Every time I have to augment ARM templates with PowerShell commands, it gets much harder to deploy and test my deployment pipeline.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Continuous Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Add properties of tracked events from AppCenter to App Insights, with date and time

On App Center, when I track an event, I can add properties.
      Those are quite limited : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/appcenter/sdk/analytics/xamarin#custom-events but are fine.
      I would love to be able to export them in App Insights, and to be able to create relationship between each properties.

In other words, properties should be linked to their event and we could known the date and time they have been thrown.

4 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Export past events in same format as continuous export

After I turn on continuous export I would like to do a one time pull of event data that occurred before continuous export was enabled. This feature would export the data in the same format provided by continuous export to make it easy to ingest into a downstream reporting system.

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Continuous Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Continuous export to Azure Data Lake Store

Application Insights should support continuous export to Azure Data Lake Store the same way as support for continuous export to Blob Storage.

Azure Data Lake Store is the new and "future proof" place to store all raw Big Data that you want to analyze using HD Insights / Azure Data Lake Analytics / Power BI etc.

Attached is a slide from the "Introducing Data Lake" that shows the difference between Data Lake Store and Blob Storage https://mva.microsoft.com/en-US/training-courses/16910

3 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• How to backfill continuous export for a previous date

During Azure outage on 09/04, continuous export stop exporting data to blob from 10 to 15. However I was still able to see data in app insights.

I was not able find a way to backfill export between 09/04 10 am to 3pm. Is the function supported? How to do it?

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base