How can we improve Application Insights?

Push notifications for Smart Detection alerts

The email is usually a low priority tool. When there is a critical problem, I notice it too late (when I take the cell to check the email). I usually recive thousands of emails every day, however, push notifications are much less common and more visible.

15 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Enrique Carrasco Contreras shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Hal D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is there a good place to keep up with this issue?

I feel like this should have already been part of such a rich metric environment. It's tough on small departments to have sold the higher-ups on Application Insights and now I have to sell them on having to develop more internal applications just to glean the information.

• Nitin Pillai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Smart alerts greatly helps our team with monitoring issues with our services in Production. And instead of setting up manual alerts, smart alerts already covers the most common things we are looking out for. So we really find great value in it. The only issue we have right now is that our team depends on Smart Alerts to handle issues with our production services before a customer reports a live site issue. For this, we need a way to send these Smart alerts into an oncall engineering system like ICM or OSP (osp.office.net) so that our oncall engineers can get paged. Currently we are only able to do this for failure anomalies and nothing else. It will be of tremendous value if your team can prioritize implementing webhook support for the rest of the smart detection alerts too.

• Anton Fritz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for posting this ask. We're planning to add Webhook support to Smart Detections in the near future, similar to Webhooks for Azure alerts.

Please let us know if this will address this ask or if you had something else in mind.
    Once Webhooks for Smart Detections are available we'll update this User Voice.

Feedback and Knowledge Base