How can we improve Application Insights?

Ability to export all the data of currently selected event to CSV / JSON

When you've selected a particular event, all of it's data is show in the detail tab. Provide an ability to quickly save this as CSV / JSON from the portal for reference.

12 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Smonani shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Vasiliy Hatunsev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our scenario, we use assembla for tickets, client want to keep all information there. When exception logged to AI need to copy and paste all information to a bug.
    Would the link be permanent to this event in azure portal? If no, then vote for csv/json

Thank you

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also helpful just to get the details to support or other people who may not be able to get to a TFS/VSTS work item. Or, for that matter, don't want to. As a consultant, we often work with clients who are disinclined to have to get into the ALM tool, but may still need some of the event details for one reason or another.

@Admin, to my comment earlier, we don't use TFS, but JIRA instead, so VSTS item is out of question for us.

Sure,

Adding feedback as requested.

We basically create agile tasks for specific exceptions that occur in our application. Since we log a lot of information, it would be great to just download the values of all the default and custom properties of the selected exception to a JSON / CSV, so we can attach it to the item as an attachment and it's easier for the developer to figure out what went wrong. We are currently able to do this for a group of entries by clicking the analytics button, so it solves it to a degree though.

Thanks,
    Sid

• Ari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a coworker who asks me to take a look at App Insights because a tester reported some issue. so I find the exception and want to send my coworker the information but have to copy, paste and edit to remove the noise before sending him an email. We do not use VSTS work items. Being able to export the event/exception etc. detail to text or some other means would make this scenario easier.

Feedback and Knowledge Base