Azure Monitor-Application Insights

Welcome to the Azure Application Insights UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for all aspects of Application Insights such as our SDKs, Web tests, Analytics, etc. We look forward to hearing from you!

The Application Insights team

How can we improve Application Insights?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Variable data retention (longer or shorter than the 90-day default)

Please provide longer retention for raw data. I'm willing to pay for (the additional azure storage)!

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are still taking requests for onboarding to the preview of Application Insights variable retention. Some features required to enable this via self-service are taking longer than expected, but we are still working it, and in the meantime will be glad to enable your Application Insights resource to have different retention settings.

The first iteration of this feature will allow setting retention up to 2 years in several increments for each Application Insights resource (e.g. not by data type). The pricing for this will follow the same Azure Monitor log data retention pricing as used by Log Analytics.

We will be able to onboard a limited number of customers manually in the coming weeks. If you’re interested, please send me (dalek@microsoft.com) the instrumentation key(s) of your Application Insights resource(s), and the desired retention duration (30, 60, 120, 180, 270, 365, 550 or 730 days).

Thank you
    Dale Koetke

2. Application Insights in North Central US

We have restrictions that all our disaster recovery resources should be created in "North Central US" region. As a result, we are not able to use Application Insights. Are there any plans on having app insights for North Central US region?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have an easy way to have only server side tracking

I have a web app and
    1) dont want to introduce new cookies in it or client side api tracking calls
    2) dont want to log client information /IP (last 8 octet obfuscated is okay) . Think GDPR requirements.

I still need to be able to track server side requests and exceptions and alert on them

What is the easiest way to achieve this?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base