Azure Monitor-Application Insights

Welcome to the Azure Application Insights UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for all aspects of Application Insights such as our SDKs, Web tests, Analytics, etc. We look forward to hearing from you!

The Application Insights team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Instrumentation Key Regeneration

In order to be able to recover from an exposure through the JS SDK, it would be necessary to be able to regenerate the instrumentation key

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. performance filter should be like search filter with picker for custom dimensions

The Performance and Failures blades filtering should be like the fancy one from the Search blade. I don't like having to manually enter the custom dimensions and values rather than just picking. More so, I'd like to be able to save the filters (globally) and use on any blade (voted for other feature request). The filters still don't carry into the "View in Analytics" (other bug).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Metrics & charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

3. Show raw HTTP error response in detailed analytics

Show raw HTTP error response in detailed analytics

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

4. Mayor informacion de los errores detectados en Live Metrics Stream

En el Live Metrics Stream se proporciona información sobre los errores detectados en tiempo real, sin embargo al hacer clic sobre ellos, la información es muy poca, sería muy interesante que se muestre mayor información acerca del error o haya un link que te lleve directamente al modulo de errores para poder saber de que trata a quien afecto.

Translated to English:
    "
    The Live Metrics Stream provides information about the detected errors in real time, however when you click on them, the information is very small, it would be very interesting to show more information about the error or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Service monitoring and diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

5. Add performance of the measurements as a result just like availability in the new view.

In the new view I miss the average time/duration of the measurements. In the Old view it was there. Please put this option back so i don't have to switch to the old view to recieve that data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Consolidate Settings

Consolidate the various places where one cat set the instrumentation key. I just found that my app had two different keys:

APPINSIGHTS_INSTRUMENTATIONKEY
    ApplicationInsights:InstrumentationKey

One set by the portal, which I think is for the debugger, snapshots, more integrated solutions and the other one is set by me or VS at install into the app. This is the one that I would typically use to embed for JS and (in some cases) manually at startup for the app.

There's also the config file, it seems (I don;t use that). There should be one place to ensure that the correct key is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have the ability to display metrics associated with requests/dependencies onto the Application map

I am adding some of our own metrics to the requests and dependencies for our application. i.e. Things like num deals booked, KiB processed etc...

It would be very cool to see these on the application map, perhaps floating nearby the associated components/links.

This would probably need to be configurable to avoid information overflow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Usage Blades (Users, Sessions, Events, etc., etc.) usable across App Insights Resources

Even though I can create Analytics queries across multiple AI resources, I do not have a way to view information across AI resources in a view like the blades in the Usage section. I would really, really like to be able to use these blades across AI resources, not unlike the way that the Transaction view automatically spans AI resources when looking at telemetry.

Our system is composed of 30+ different ASP.NET applications and one SaaS non-.NET site that users interact with as if it were a single system. We have all pieces of it instrumented with App Insights, each…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usage Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

11. Display actual time the problem occurred in email body.

The alert email I receive states:
    When did this happen:
    March 21, 2019 0:00 UTC

When it actually happened 3/20 8:00 PM - 3/21 7:59 PM.
    If you are going to put the information in the email it should at least be accurate and useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

12. The time range filter enhancement

In "Application map". The time range filter needs to have a paging for date ranges.

Currently i need to set the 01/01/2019 9:00AM - 01/01/2019 10:00AM click Apply. then to see the next hour or previous hour, i need to reenter these datetime. Instead having a paging buttons would be a better user experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13. Auto-refresh Application Maps on Dashboards

Currently, all metric charts on a dashboard have the ability to auto-refresh on a Dashboard, but application maps do not.

We find the app map to be a very useful monitoring across our whole solution, but it's completely useless on a large tv screen if it doesn't auto-refresh.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base