Azure Monitor-Application Insights

Welcome to the Azure Application Insights UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for all aspects of Application Insights such as our SDKs, Web tests, Analytics, etc. We look forward to hearing from you!

The Application Insights team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable more cohort analysis tools in Application Insights

We are using AI for assessing the usage of features using custom events, but better ways of seeing changes in usage over time within Application Insights queries would be beneficial (new chart types and cohort groupings)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Metrics & charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The preview-map needs more functionality like filtering on role or operation, as well as grouping/hiding of dependencies

In large scale deployments with multiple operations, roles and dependencies the current preview-map is rendered useless as long as filtering, grouping and so forth is not enabled. It should for example be possible to select a specific role to view all its sub operations and/or dependencies.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Metrics & charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The new map experience since has been updated with better grouping of dependencies and the ability to click on any component and see the details of the dependencies/and operations in the performance and failure triage experiences, as well as overall KPI in the right side pane (for groups).

How is this working (or not) for you. We greatly appreciate your feedback and help with improving our product.

Thanks,
    Soubhagya Dash
    7/11/2018

3. Let us remove Smart Detection items or filter out localhost requests

I'd like to be able to remove items from Smart Detection I have investigated and/or solved. Also, I need to filter out localhost as development on localhost skews response times

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Smart Detection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Correlate traces

When tracing application behavior it's common to look for a specific sequence of traces in a web user session.
    It would be helpful that once a trace is found and its properties displayed, to be able to click over a property and a new tab to appear looking for new traces matching the new criteria.

Then after clicking on a new property, it make sense to filter the secondary list of traces with this new property, and so on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base