Azure Monitor-Application Insights

Welcome to the Azure Application Insights UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for all aspects of Application Insights such as our SDKs, Web tests, Analytics, etc. We look forward to hearing from you!

The Application Insights team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rest API to track smart detection by Events (Perf counter , Request , Depency , Exception ) with custom filter

Rest API to track smart detection by Events (Perf counter , Request , Dependency , Exception ) with the custom filters .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Smart Detection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Smart Detection Custom profile(s) with its own set of filter including custom dimensions

Smart Detection Custom profile(s) with its own set of filter including custom dimensions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Application Insights Diagnose Slow Startup

Have application insights track the time between a shutdown and restart and determine what is causing an application to take time to startup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Let us remove Smart Detection items or filter out localhost requests

I'd like to be able to remove items from Smart Detection I have investigated and/or solved. Also, I need to filter out localhost as development on localhost skews response times

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Smart Detection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add additional email recipient for alerts and apply it to all alerts

At the moment if you want to add an additional recipient to the alerts you have to manually edit all alerts. A setting can be added to apply a list of email recipients to all alerts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Send Smart Detection emails in a more timely manner

Smart detection emailed me for a brief duration problem, but I did not receive the email until over three hours after the end of the detection.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Use deep links in Smart Detection emails

Received an email today from Smart Detection, but the "see analysis of the issue" and "configure" links just go to my Azure portal main page. I am already logged in to Azure in that browser. So if these are deep links they are not working for some reason.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would like the ability to display dates in clients time zone in smart detections.

Currently smart detection shows dates in UTC. We would like the ability to set the time zone for display purposes only.. or use timezone based on the client browsers time zone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make "New Work Item" send to a webhook

As we use Target Process rather than Github or VSTS I would like a new work item to send to something we control so we can generate work items

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable segmentation of a web application in AI

It should be possible to segment a website into different areas. Only data within an area should be used for smart detection and other features.

For example
    In a website there might be two areas, the normal User website that's available to normal users, and another area, the Admin site which is used by administrators.
    It is not useful to be told that a page doing some maintenance task in the admin portal is doing much worse than all other pages...it is supposed to run for a long time!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Exclude the first few requests/events for each url/page/resource after a restart when evaluating Smart Detection, since those are not repres

Exclude the first few requests/events for each url/page/resource after a restart when evaluating Smart Detection.

The initial requests to a url/page/resource typically take much longer time than what is normal.
    So the timing and measurements of the initial requests to a page/url only misleads the Smart Detection evaluation and produces a lot of random and useless results.

Suggestion
    1. Figure out when a resource is restarted (probably the same time that AI is initialized).
    2. Keep an internal dictionary for requests, dependencies and other stuff. Reset when restarted.
    3. Every time a request/dependency/resource is processed by AP, add it to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow us to annotate the smart detection alerts

Once you determine the issue in the smart detection screen, then be able to annotate the alert. That way, other team members that come to the site to review these alerts know that they should not be working on troubleshooting or investigating them anymore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Blacklist traffic

We get emails on a daily basis about increased failures that all tend to fall into a bucket that have traits that could be blocked entirely. The one that triggered this post was listed as:

Operating System: Scrapy 1.0
    Source of Synthetic Traffic: Scrapy

The ability to blacklist that traffic across my subscription, and for Azure to keep and make available data on repeat offenders to either automatically block the traffic or at least give us the option to view repeat offenders and block the traffic on a case-by-case basis would be a huge improvement in the Azure ecosystem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Send Smart Detection Sample Email

As a tools administrator, I want to be able to send a Smart Detection sample email based on our app telemetry, to show the capability of this feature to the rest of the development team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Smart Detection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base