Azure Monitor-Application Insights

Welcome to the Azure Application Insights UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for all aspects of Application Insights such as our SDKs, Web tests, Analytics, etc. We look forward to hearing from you!

The Application Insights team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure dashboard accessible of Cloud without Cloud Subscription

Hi

I need to make Apps Insight Dashboard accessible to some teams without giving them subscription to my Azure Cloud. They can just see them from outside Cloud , May be through URL. Any workaround?

Thank You

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Metrics & charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Metrics & charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Increase the size of the name of the Application Insights instance on the Live Metrics Screen

We have multiple Live Views, and the size of the name of the AI instance is very small and tucked under the generic Live Metrics Stream title. Makes it difficult. Would like to see the name larger, or ideally be able to display a "Friendly" name for the instance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When choosing the time range the calendar settings should be configurable. Week start day, 24H format.

When choosing the time range in Failures and Search the calendar settings should be configurable. I would like to be able to choose the week start day, 24H format. Or at least, it should take the local settings. The week starts from Monday, not Sunday, in the UK and Ireland. The 24H format is more convenient to set the custom time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Select multiple Servers in Livemetrics

Id would be very nice if I could select multiple Servers in AI Live Metric Stream.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide a option to override country or region

When browsing through a VPN the IP address is changed and it mess up the user country/region information from the client perspective. Currently there is not a way to change the country/region using the client side nor the server side. It would be good to provide a way to override such an information by using an initializer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Reduce Map Spacing when clustering

When you have a map with many services/roles/applications.
    There is a tendency to have a few "hotspots" centered on the map and all the other things moved "far away" such that to get an overview you have to zoom out where each node in the graph is ridiculously small.

It would be awesome if the clustering could somehow take into account that the spacing relative to these central hotspots should not be too large. Included screendump of an example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dimension in User Flow Chart

If you select Dimensions in the User Flow it's not getting visible if there are long event names. Therefore show it seperatly on the cards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a connection count for function apps

Add a connection count for function apps. When my app gets socked with messages it goes into an unhealthy state as it tries to process all of them. It opens too many connections. Regardless if I use a lazy one or not, It's going to choke if it takes a long time to process and it's receiving a lot in a rush.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remove custom events

Please let us remove some events.

The event javascript is a bit confusiong, so for example, i added a trackEvent("timezone", "Europe/Lisbon") , and what happened is that, the event timezone value for that event is split into an array of values like E, U,R,O,P,E,/,L,I,S,B,O,N , creating in the filter the prop E, U, r, and so on... Only after a bit of searching i realized i had to something more like trackEvent("account stats", {timezone:timezone}) and so on.. but now my filters are a bit polluted with wrong event data and need to remove that.

Also for the metrics explore, i…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Graphing and alerting on the execution time per operation

We're currently submitting "Operation Excecution Time" as a custom metrics per operation as it is currently not possible to either chart or create alerts on the individual operations execution time.

This leads to an unhealth amount of "Custom Metrics" in large scale deployments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow submitting of a group tag to each custom metric

Currently all custom traced metrics are grouped under "Custom Metrics", this is not ideal when we're crossing 100s metrics. there should be a way to attach a group tag to each metric.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. add 'x minute average' to live metrics stream cpu graph

add 'x minute average' to live metrics stream cpu graph

Given that cpu% is a common scaling criteria, it would be useful if the 'overall health' section showed a x minute average running total,
    so that we can monitor how close to scaling up/down the instance is.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add ability to track time as a user goes from URL to another in a funnel

Retention is great, but it would be better if there was a time component to understand how long people stay on a URL

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove web related metrics

My current application is not a web application but it uses the ApplicationInsights for custom events, messages and metric.

I don't want to see all (default) web related metrics for users, sessions, web requests, views, load time,...and so on.

For example the ApplicationInsights Azure portal overview pane and live streams show lots of empty charts (including the Weekly Application Insights digest email as well) and tables because my app lacks these web related metrics and doesn't have this data.

I would like to remove/hidethem and put my custom events and metrics instead.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add average session length to session information.

Average session duration would give a much better picture of usage and aid in calculations for load testing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Would it be possible to view custom events on the live metrics stream?

No idea how you would do this but it would be pretty amazing if you could view custom metrics on the application insights live metrics stream!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base