Azure Functions

Azure Functions is an event driven, compute-on-demand experience that extends the existing Azure application platform with capabilities to implement code triggered by events occurring in other Azure services, SaaS products, and on-premises systems. With Azure Functions, your applications scale based on demand and you pay only for the resources you consume. Azure Functions provides an intuitive, browser-based user interface allowing you to create scheduled or triggered pieces of code implemented in a variety of programming languages.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for Azure Managed Service Identities in EventHub (and other) triggers

In Event Hub, I can add my Function App's MSI as a data reader, but in the function I cannot use trigger bindings to read from the queue without using a SecureAccess Key. We are trying to go password free wherever possible, and Azure has been promoting this course of action, so why do we need secret keys for reading from the queue? It then forces us to create and share a secret key for partner teams to read from our queue, rather than just permissioning them in Event Hub.

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Bindings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. use key vault reference in local.settings.json

would like the ability to use the new key vault reference in local.settings.json for local debugging instead of needing to have secrets in plain text. this would allow dev teams to leverage key vault as the central location for secret management.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bindings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. What is the timeline for supporting the new Azure SDKs?

I really want to get rid of the connection strings in my functions and I want to be able to switch to the Azure.Identity SDK for auth. I understand that this will be a breaking change, however some communication about the plan would be nice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bindings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Functions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base