Azure Functions

Azure Functions is an event driven, compute-on-demand experience that extends the existing Azure application platform with capabilities to implement code triggered by events occurring in other Azure services, SaaS products, and on-premises systems. With Azure Functions, your applications scale based on demand and you pay only for the resources you consume. Azure Functions provides an intuitive, browser-based user interface allowing you to create scheduled or triggered pieces of code implemented in a variety of programming languages.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OpenAPI from function app v2

Function App v1. could create an OpenAPI (swagger) file. After the change to v2. in the portal creating an OpenAPI file is "not supportet".

Please reinstate this feature

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Folders for organizing Functions and a TreeView Function List in the Portal

Already I have a Functions App that is growing larger than works well in the existing Portal interface.

I would like to suggest adding support for folders (similar to solution folders in Visual Studio) that allow one to organize functions. And then a TreeView for the Function list in the Portal.

For example I have several processed in my Function App. Each process may have one or more steps that are usually individual Functions. It would be great to put all the related Functions together in a folder.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow moving from AppServicePlan to Consumption plan (in Azure portal)

It should be easy to move between hosting plans for Azure functions so we can change this based on the current needs. At the moment, I would like to move away from app service plan for a lot of functions (use consumption plan instead), but in the future, high continous demand might move some back to an app service plan. Changing between the to modes should be as easy as scaling out on an app service plan

I have read somewhere that there is a problem if a function was created as an app service plan because of missing storage.…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. console.log works as well as context.log in node.js

In a function written in node.js, console.log should log to the error log/console just as context.log does.

It would allow using the same debug in code that is been run both in standalone node.js and in function node.js. It is painful to have to alter the calls when moving code between the environments.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. False azure function status on azure portal

There are 2 ways in which an azure function can be created, one from the portal itself and other through SDK for example .NET SDK using which you could create functions and deploy the function to azure from Visual Studio.

Problem Scenario : When we deploy it from Visual Studio, the functions are deployed in a pre-compiled state and so we are not able to ENABLE or DISABLE the function from the portal itslef.

Solution suggested by Azure Support : Have an application setting on the portal which will be set to true/false or 1/0 which will enable/disable the azure…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Display functions in an Function App in alphabetical order

In the portal, when looking at the list of functions in a function app, sort them by name.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Do not set WEBSITE_CONTENTSHARE in marketplace, GitHub, and auto-generated ARM templates

At the moment WEBSITE_CONTENTSHARE is set automatically on ARM templates for functions produced by the Azure Marketplace and also by templates exported via the "Export Template" function.

According to support case 119071321000245 it is not best practice to set this setting and setting it (either as a slot setting or a global setting) can have unforeseen effects.

Please refer to the support case for the detail and adjust documentation and sample templates accordingly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Display next run time for Timer Trigger Functions

quite simple really, it would be nice to have the next 5 run times for a timer function in the Azure Portal.

Under the Integrate section would probably make the most sense as that is where the schedule is stored.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. disabled function

A colleague of mine disabled one timer triggered function on the host.json file, for testing purposes, and then forgot to re-enable it.

I spent over one hour until I realised it.

There should be an indicator in the portal warning if a function is disabled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Code folding

Ability to fold code sections in the portal while in editor mode would be very useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Functions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base