consolidate premium and app service plan
the premium plan appears to be app service plan with a limit of instances and a different scaling trigger, There are a number of issue with this, to name a few:
- functions is positioned as a serverless compute offering but the premium plan is clearly not.
- the pricing page is not clear about the significant differences in pricing models
- charging for memory duration when you have paid for underlying compute seems excessive
- no price parity between the plan skus
- causes confusion when trying to select a hosting plan
I've been developing a Function app for a while now and never been happy with the performance of consumption plans. I agree that premium feels like app service. It seems that MS has gotten Functions wrong and now is trying to come to terms with it. There is no point in pretending to be serverless when you have to have always-on instances.