Use of TelemetryClient and Telemetry Configuration is not clear
.NET developers who are new to Azure Functions would like to be able to quickly and easily find documentation that provides guidance for integrating Azure Functions with Application Insights for log statements and custom telemetry.
Although there are a couple pages (1: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-functions/functions-monitoring?tabs=cmd#enable-application-insights-integration , 2: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-functions/functions-dotnet-dependency-injection#logging-services ) that indicate how to configure Application Insights for Azure Functions, they are not very easy to find.
It would be beneficial to have official documentation that succinctly describes how to enable Application Insights for Azure Functions.
1) This should be a distinct page with a navigation pane.
2) Include/reference existing documentation for how to set the Application Insights instrumentation key for local development and Azure deployment.
3) How to enable .NET dependency injection for use with Application Insights. This guidance should be co-located with documentation related to Application Insights for Azure Functions.
4) Section title and headers should be included to make essential information easy and quick to find.
5) Sample code should be included that shows use of dependency injection with Application Insights, including screenshots of related configuration.