How can we improve Microsoft Azure Functions?

Zip deploy Functions with app level credentials instead of user credentials

Right now you if you want to use zip deploy you need to use user credentials, those can be used to deploy any function anywhere in your tenant. Not really the best way to handle DTAP. Would be nice if you could also the app level credentials which do work for the other deployment options.

33 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nico Mommaerts shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Fabien Pomerol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totaly agree, it would be more suitable to use the app level credentials to use the zip deploy feature !

Integrating a zip deploy in a continuous deployment process with user credentials is not enough stable...

• Matthew Lieder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very beneficial to use as well. We also use app level credentials in our CI system to secure deployments and prevent one team's deployment from being able to accidentally/maliciously alter another team's deployment. Very surprised this isn't supported.

• Giles Wakefield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I also don't think the documentation is as clear as it could be regarding this. In my case I'm trying to set up automated deployments via Team City to azure and it seems ridiculous that I can't use separate passwords for my completely unrelated web apps. This page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/app-service-deployment-credentials#userscope
    Could certainly make it clearer that you cannot use the zipdeploy api with app level credentials.

Feedback and Knowledge Base