How can we improve Microsoft Azure Functions?

Functions Summary/Status on Function App dashboard/home

It would be helpful to have a dashboard on the Function App home page to display summary/status data about all the Functions in the Function App. For example I currently have to go to each Function individually and click Monitor to see Recent Success or Error Count or to the Manage tab to see if a Function is Enabled.

The current "The faster way to functions" getting started content is really only relevant for new users.

8 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andrew Hawes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sndrschnklshk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be a really nice feature!
    As a workaround Microsoft suggested me to use an Application Insights query like:

requests
    | where timestamp > ago(1d)
    | where cloud_RoleName =~ '{Function App Name}' and operation_Name == '{function name}' or operation_Name == '{function name}' or operation_Name == '{function name}'
    | order by timestamp asc nulls last

• Aliaksandr Anufryieu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, right now it is very exhausting.
    I have a subscription with 90+ app functions and it's hard to find which app from them stated/stopped.

• Jorge Serrano Pérez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suppose that has relation with this idea.
    The DevOps team needs to know the health of the Azure Functions in an Azure Function App, if they are ok, last execution of each one, how many and which are disabled and enabled, etc.
    I can get this information via PowerShell, but I would like to get this information quickly in a dashboard on the Azure Portal or via API to show these information in other site.

More than one an a half year waiting for this... please, is needed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base