How can we improve Microsoft Azure Functions?

Better support for SharedAccessSignature for inputs and outputs

I have a Azure Function with an Azure Table as input, and I was trying to use a SharedAccessSignature in the connection string. I wanted to limit access to a specific table, and provide no access to other Azure storage services. However, when I try to run the function, there are errors saying that no Blob endpoint is configured, no Queue endpoint is configured, etc.

I would like to have a connection string with only TableEndpoint and a SharedAccessSignature, and support signatures that limit access to a specific table or even a specific subset of a table (partition key range). This is an example, supporting other limitations using SAS tokens for other Azure Storage components would also be useful (specific blob storage contained, blob name prefix range, etc).

Also, it would be useful if the UI had support for this concept. To make a SharedAccessSignature work, I had to create an environment variable manually in the App Services settings, and reference that variable in the inputs JSON file.

15 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Christos Karras shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base