How can we improve Microsoft Azure Functions?

Add Auth0 to list of identity providers and allow custom URL in 'URL Authorization Rules

[This is more an AppService issue but there's not forum for that.]

It's important to me to have the ability to use a custom authentication UI and Auth0 provide this and their own database for user storage. Otherwise I have to roll my own. My users do not have any existing accounts (including email) and so need a simple username / password experience (as horrible this might be for most of us)

A reasonable list of providers is available but adding Auth0 will open the possibilities up. Auth0 is not only excellent but acts as a proxy to a very large list of providers. Plus they are just down the road to you guys :)

Related issues is 'URL Authorization Rules' is just what I'd like to use rather than pass JWTs around and check the claims myself. The most important thing is I have a custom accessible UI for authentication so the current list of unauthenticated_action appears to be inadequate.

I have a Web SPA frontend with a Functions backend so I think I could use the 401 response to detect the need to get the user to authenticate and then retry. Does that seem workable to you?

Alternatively, a unauthenticated_action of 'redirectToUrl' would appear to be a useful addition for myself and others. The would return 301 with the specified URL. That would obviously require a argument in the JSON/YML.

16 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steve Lee shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)