Azure Functions

Azure Functions is an event driven, compute-on-demand experience that extends the existing Azure application platform with capabilities to implement code triggered by events occurring in other Azure services, SaaS products, and on-premises systems. With Azure Functions, your applications scale based on demand and you pay only for the resources you consume. Azure Functions provides an intuitive, browser-based user interface allowing you to create scheduled or triggered pieces of code implemented in a variety of programming languages.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More Python examples

Still not clear on how to use some of the methods. Could we have more examples or scenarios?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Corelating logs between Azure functions activity and ADF

How can i co-relate my ADF activity runs and Azure function activity.
    I've some custom logs in Azure functions and i would like to corelate this with ADF run logs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Authenticate Blob Trigger Binding with Service Principal rather than Connection String

In implementing some security features leaning heavily on Azure [blob storage logging](https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-monitor-storage-account) for auditing purposes.

Users should have their AAD attached to all blob operations, however It's not immediately clear how to get the same behaviour for Azure functions when authenticating with the Connection String via input bindings since it will not use a service principal.

It would be nice to be able to use custom identities and have them show up in the audit logs for a more complete audit trail.

https://github.com/Azure/Azure-Functions/issues/1654

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bindings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Processing Python Dataframes - how to write out to Blob Storage?

I am trying to build a file processing function - ingests excel files, performs some column transformations using python data frames. subsequently I want to write the file to a Storage Container. So far I haven't been able to read from the docs on how to convert the python DataFrame into a Stream that is writable? How can we achieve that?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Forwarding the client certificates in Azure Functions Proxies.

Our customer would like to have the features for forwarding the client certificates in Functions Proxies.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow to set message property such as sessionId to Service Bus output bindings for node.js

There is no option to set the sessionId in Service Bus output bindings for node.js environment.
    I suggest to add that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a "Run" button to the portal

There are 2 documented ways to "manually" run a funciton.

HTTP triggered: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-functions/functions-create-first-azure-function#test-the-function

Non-HTTP triggered: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-functions/functions-manually-run-non-http

Both approaches are quite clunky. Since running a function manually is obviously possible and documented, it seem like a glaring omission that a simple "Run" button isn't provided in the portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Azure Function functionTimeout needs to be configurable per-environment via app settings, not only through host.json

I need to configure my functionTimeout on an Azure Function per-environment. I have dev deployments that should just use a default timeout, and production deployments that can handle a long timeout (dedicated app service).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow regex or port ranges in CORS rules

Not sure if this is Azure Functions specific, but it would be great to be able to specify a regex statement or a range of ports for a CORS rule for my function app.

My specific use case is I am working on a Twitch.tv extension, and the "developer rig" they provide for hosting the frontend files when developing locally uses a new random port number every time the files are reloaded, and I can't change that behavior. I would love to be able to specify a CORS rule like " http://localhost:[50000-60000] " but it seems this isn't allowed. I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Visual Studio always uses name of req in the function.json file

Visual Studio always puts name : req in the function.json file. There appears to be no way to set this from code, and when publishing, it overwrites any manual changes you may have made. This name needs to be the different when using an additional parameter to your function method, like an auth token from Azure AD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow non-public constructor for Function DI

A (non-static) Function's constructor that is used for dependency injection must currently be public.

Sometimes a Function has dependencies that (even as interfaces) are internal to its own project. As parameters of a public constructor, they are forced to become public, even though that is not the correct visibility modifier for them.

Non-public constructors (particularly internal ones) are the natural solution to this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. support http input binding

support http input binding
    I found that input binding for HTTP did not exist.

In my case, I needed to have a function request data via HTTP, and then write to Azure Table. (timer trigger)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. CPU Time/%/Memory should be available in metrics when running on an App Service Plan

When getting alerts on high cpu ( or memory) for an app service plan, it is currently impossible to see what is consuming the cpu if both webapps and functions are running on the same App Service Plan

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. First class support for Deno

Will we get first class support for Deno now that its reached version 1.0 https://deno.land/v1?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Set partitionKey property in Event Hub output binding

In an IoT scenario combining EventHub with StreamAnalytics, it is important that the EventHub is partitionned properly to allow writing a "parallel" query in Stream Analytics.

The current EventHub SDK allows to specify the partition key on a new batch of event before sending to EventHub, but this option is not available when we use an EventHub output binding.

Using the EventHub SDK in an Azure function is not an option as the function has to recreate the connection at each execution, and this is very slow, causing a function timeout in our tests.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow exploring functions across function apps in Azure Portal

We have several functions and function apps. The only reason we have separate function apps is that their deployments and host.jsons are different. All functions (even though they reside in different apps) are related to the same business cases. Allow exploring all functions within a resource group in a single search view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Use GPU in azure function

How to use GPU in azure function.
    I've one external exe and I want to use GPU in that exe. How to use GPU enabled functions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How do we support Open API for Azure Functions 2?

Open Api support for Azure Functions 2 - Directly, without the need for Api Management service.
    API Interface/integration is a core feature of an API. Shouldn't need another product to enable it.

thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. template string (e.g. {queueTrigger}) support for array inputs

Inputs to the function app must be an object in order to support template string syntax, e.g. when specifying a partition key on a table storage input.

Sometimes we don't control the input: stream analytics sends an array of events to the function app. In these cases, it's not possible to specify template strings, since the input is not a flat JSON object.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Functions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base